Finally got a Nitrous run.

Justin81

Established Member
Car is a M6 '13. It has full suspension, 305-35 Drag radials, Catless H-pipe and Air Raid CAI. It's been 12.1 @ 116 on motor.

I was able to make a shakedown NOS run on Friday. It's a Nitrous Outlet plate kit with a 100 shot in it. The bottle pressure was 700psi I couldn't get it any hotter with a torch. I basically rolled out N/A and hit full throttle going into 2nd gear. It ran 11.7 at 123 with a 2.0 60ft. I couldn't 60ft the car AT ALL as the track was like a skating rink all night. They did Zero Track prep. I can go low 1.7's in the 60 on a good track.

So i'm headed to Atco on Sunday for some more. This time I have a bottle heater so it will be at 950psi and if there's traction I'll be back in the 1.70's with 60ft. Let's see if this car can go 125 on a 100 shot.

Any thoughts?

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
If you have a gauge on the bottle id take it out of the car at night and bring it in the house. Before you leave for the track run warm water over the bottle to raise it up to 1100-1200psi. Wrap the bottle up with a towel as insulation and by the time you get to Atco it should still be around 1000psi. That way you dont have to torch it or wait for the bottle heater to warm up a 30 degree bottle.

With traction and bottle pressure it will have no issues getting 126-127mph

Justin81

Established Member
Back in the 90's I used to race a lot in Philly. It was a ritual to bathe the bottle in Hot water before we left for the streets. It's definitely a good way to do it. I actually got a new ZEX Bottle warmer and this ones cool because it will plug right into the cigarette lighter. I didn't want to wire one up through the car. I will probably bathe the bottle and than use it to maintain the pressure on this cold Sunday day.

Slowstang, how about coming out since your car seems to be running so good now. I'm a local Aston Guy. Freds filling my bottle up today.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I will be running at Cecil this Saturday. Good luck this weekend!

Last edited:

NitrousExpress

Established Member
Alot of your ET is in the 60ft. Anything outside of that (spraying down the track is to pick up MPH.) If the bottle wouldn't go any higher than 700 psi, either the gauge is bad or the bottle was empty pretty much. Judging by the ET, it was probably just an almost empty bottle. You should pick up about a second on a hundred shot. Let me know if you come across anymore questions. Being able to hit it out of the hole will help ALOT.

-Garrett

Justin81

Established Member
Thanks. The 10 lbs bottle sits right now at 18.9 lbs so it had some life in it. The bottle has sat full in my car for a few months and it's like refrigerated cold. I wasn't going crazy with the Torch but I did keep it on a long time and a few different times. It may have went to 800 but it was in the yellow at all which is around 850.

Justin81

Established Member
Ran it today. Bottle pressure was 950psi and I was able to get a 11.31 @ 125. There was a little spinning in 1st and into 2nd still so 60ft was 1.84. I'm pretty damn happy with that considering it's basically a tune, h-pipe and 100 shot. I really would love to know where this car would be with a 1.70-1.80 60ft.

TungstenGT06

Established Member
Ran it today. Bottle pressure was 950psi and I was able to get a 11.31 @ 125. There was a little spinning in 1st and into 2nd still so 60ft was 1.84. I'm pretty damn happy with that considering it's basically a tune, h-pipe and 100 shot. I really would love to know where this car would be with a 1.70-1.80 60ft.
Were you running at Cecil today? There were many grabber blue cars running good. That's a good pass even though you had some spinning.

Justin81

Established Member
Thanks. There were a good bunch of Grabber blue cars representing. I'm thinking good run and 150 jets 10.99. That's pretty sick. My expectations are far succeeded. Nitrous Outlet Kit FTW

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
what tune are you running? what rear gear? Stock clutch? Thanks for posting your results!

Last edited:

Justin81

Established Member
This Saturday, I'm thinking of changing plugs, running 93/112 mix and going with 150 jets. It would be cool to go 10.9 before the season ends. I wonder if I need a Boost a pump or anything else.

Sizeth3

Established Member
Justin how do you like Nitrous on the Coyote motor? Just seems like the perfect power adder for these cars in a lot of ways. They already make 420 hp off the bottle, which in my experience is enough to consistantly overwhelm first gear from a roll. Seems like spray would be perfect way to make 550-600 hp and go "easy" on the engine...

Users who are viewing this thread