Finally got around to Ceramic Coating my Cobra

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Pricy.
I think I will do my own coating once the pollen dies down.

good luck with that. way too involved a process for me. and without doing a paint correction it will not look good

Franco

Established Member
good luck with that. way too involved a process for me. and without doing a paint correction it will not look good

If the car is not corrected properly all the swirls and scratches will be locked in forever. Plus consumer grade coatings don’t last as long

Franco

Established Member
Been throwing this around myself. What's the going rate? I'm sure it varies from place to place.
Car looks great BTW.

Thanks.
Prices start at 1000$ and go up from there depending upon which package and the level of correction requires.
Usually most people spend the extra coin and go for the lifetime package which starts at 1800

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I don't have a problem with paint correction. I grew up in the family auto paint and body business. I unwillingly learned to properly clean and detail a car to perfection.

I'm not bragging. I hate doing the work. I want a clean room designed to keep my car dust free.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Imatk

Established Member
I'm getting ready to apply CQuartz UK after a lot of research.

The pro-level coatings are nice, I would think, if you had a garage queen that wasn't out in the elements very often, or if the color wasn't something that showed swirls easily like black.

But if you daily drove the car or you did have a darker color that showed swirls easier, that's where the cost of the pro-level coating doesn't really fall in line with the performance (for me.)

Say if I had a black car and paid the 2k for a pro-level coating. Then after a year of washing and driving I notice swirl marks... I'm going to want to polish those out and once I polish them out my coating is down the drain and I would have to pay another 2k to get it done again.

I like the idea of CQuartz UK as it's supposed to last at least a year (the company claims more, but from real-world reviews it seems to last about a year) and that would be a good timeframe, I would think, for it to last since you'll likely want to polish after a year... that is if you're picky about your car (I am).

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I'm getting ready to apply CQuartz UK after a lot of research.

The pro-level coatings are nice, I would think, if you had a garage queen that wasn't out in the elements very often, or if the color wasn't something that showed swirls easily like black.

But if you daily drove the car or you did have a darker color that showed swirls easier, that's where the cost of the pro-level coating doesn't really fall in line with the performance (for me.)

Say if I had a black car and paid the 2k for a pro-level coating. Then after a year of washing and driving I notice swirl marks... I'm going to want to polish those out and once I polish them out my coating is down the drain and I would have to pay another 2k to get it done again.

I like the idea of CQuartz UK as it's supposed to last at least a year (the company claims more, but from real-world reviews it seems to last about a year) and that would be a good timeframe, I would think, for it to last since you'll likely want to polish after a year... that is if you're picky about your car (I am).

I believe you would follow up with something like this instead of dropping another $2K.
https://www.autogeek.net/carpro-essence-plus.html

dom418

Established Member
I forgot to ask how’s the shine compared to carnuba wax or a sealant? I’ve heard for show cars, it’s better to use those products over a coating

I have 2 cans of Wolfgang Fusion that I need to use. Even though wax won’t stick, would applying this over a coating make it look better?

Users who are viewing this thread