Finally got around to Ceramic Coating my Cobra

Franco

Established Member
I have been detailing as a side business for 10 years now.

So about 3 years ago I jumped on the coating train and I coated my car with a consumer grade coating.

Car looked amazing when I was done.
Fast forward to 2017, I became a certified ceramic pro installer and my side business was growing fast.

After doing tons of cars I realized at some point I had to do the cobra. The old coating was still shiny, however the scratch resistance and paint protection was not as I expected.

Here she is after a full and heavy paint correction and a Ceramic Pro gold package!

a85d425981557480e0b4aa0ad5c0ab90.jpg
ab196059477fe1e58f52622bdaadd7dc.jpg
.jpg[/IMG]
f832fcba012e1d6508d6e848e375e5c2.jpg
8a8e171eba7a9cbaeea079fb35192ea1.jpg
7a8c53317fb8173a72730b0cd6480353.jpg

SVTCam

Established Member
Wow, great work - that color really looks amazing when its all cleaned up. There isn't much that will take my eyes away from some BBS RK's, but you've done it!

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Omg looks amazing.. I really need a complete professional detailing done on my redfire so bad.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
The car looks amazing.

I have a question concerning the coating; "Will wax or glaze damage the coating in any way"?

How about a detail spray?

I have always been a carnuba wax fan, but I am hearing more and and more great things about ceramic coatings.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Franco

Established Member
The car looks amazing.

I have a question concerning the coating; "Will wax or glaze damage the coating in any way"?

How about a detail spray?

I have always been a carnuba wax fan, but I am hearing more and and more great things about ceramic coatings.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wax and glaze will no longer stick to the surface.
Detail spray won’t harm it but again really a waste as nothing bonds to the surface after ceramic is applied

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks killer man!
Ceramic coating trumps any wax all day long. Lasts longer, stronger protection and looks glossier.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looking good! Looking very good! Congrats on such a great job. Ceramic coating seems to be gaining popularity around here.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks amazing!
I always figured it is something best done to a new ride, but any reason not to do it on older cars?
Paint correction mandatory before?
My GT500 has around 5500 miles and I thought it might be two late. The paint is still great, ceramic can go over the vinyl stripes?
Ford OEM stripes are vinyl but painted vinyl FYI, random fact why you can't match.
-J

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I always figured it is something best done to a new ride, but any reason not to do it on older cars?
Paint correction mandatory before?
My GT500 has around 5500 miles and I thought it might be two late. The paint is still great, ceramic can go over the vinyl stripes?
New cars come in various condition, but USUALLY require a bit of correction to make them "perfect." Old or new, full correction is definitely advised, since you're stuck with whatever you seal under the coating for as long as the coating is on the car.

Definitely not too late for yours. I just had mine professionally coated at ~22K miles on the clock. I was skeptical about coating my matte stripes, but every detailer with whom I spoke recommended doing so. I looked at a LOT of pics of coated stripes before I decided to do it. The big advantage is protection of the stripes with the same durable coating that's on the rest of the car. While it adds SOME additional sheen to them, the rest of the car "pops" significantly more, leaving in place MOST of the matte appearance those of us with black stripes want. Perhaps the best way I can describe it is that you don't notice they're coated because all of them are. An uncoated section/stripe would, however, look different when sitting next to a coated one.

Last edited:

grd951

Established Member
Where are you located? My fox is due for new paint and I feel like I need this in my life.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread