Finally got my 14 GT Procharged with D1SC and tuned - still on stock bottom end

Fernando@

Established Member
So I finally decided to boost my 14 GT and opted for a Procharger kit with a D1SC upgrade. I was unsure which way to go with it and opted for the procharger since it was the kit that attracted me the most. I must say I am very happy with the results so far. Car made 710whp on the stock bottom end running pump gas 93 octane and a meth injection kit from AEM.

Here is the mods list:

Procharger stage 2 (upgraded bov, upgraded belt pulley)
SCT programmer
ID1000 injectors
VMP bap
Mcleod RXT
Kooks headers
Kooks x pipe
Magnaflow axle backs
AEM methanol injection

14195935_10154644418244255_4310096990388660231_o.jpg

imeyers302

Established Member
Nice. Just finished remote tuning my Stage 2 Procharger setup. Have not gotten it on a dyno yet but hoping for close to 600whp. I have the P1SC with a 4.25 pulley 9-9.5psi and also did the id1000s and vmp bap and brisk plugs. Going to be installing the meth kit also at some point in the near future. I must say, seeing your setup in black makes me wish I had mine painted.

Last edited:

Fernando@

Established Member
My wheels are black so I opted for the black option on the kit to keep sort of on the same theme. Came out pretty nice.

Here's a link to the dyno :

[video=youtube;yR1umC9VqQI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR1umC9VqQI[/video]

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Nice numbers, but an 11-14 Coyote stock bottom end over 700rwhp is just asking for it. It was never meant to see that type of power. Not trying to be an ass, just letting you know your living dangerously. Good luck with it though, I hope it gives you 100k miles without an issue.

Fernando@

Established Member
yeah I'm probably on borrowed time but we'll see. I'm going to build a block on the side to throw in there with CP pistons and Manley I beams but hopefully the stock one will last a good bit.

imeyers302

Established Member
yeah I'm probably on borrowed time but we'll see. I'm going to build a block on the side to throw in there with CP pistons and Manley I beams but hopefully the stock one will last a good bit.

Keeping mine to around 600 until I do rods and pistons next season.

DaBigBone

Established Member
Very nice. Great numbers too. Hopefully it holds up for a while for you.I like the kits but still am not too crazy about the filter placement

4VFTW

Established Member
Very nice. Great numbers too. Hopefully it holds up for a while for you.I like the kits but still am not too crazy about the filter placement

i made a CAI for my procharger and my car went .1 faster Vs the procharger intake....just to give an idea of how little it hurts power.

Fernando@

Established Member

Thanks! I was sold on not having to modify anything other than a coolant hose to install it and ease to upgrade.

Zemedici

Established Member

as you know depends on how you drive it

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
My wheels are black so I opted for the black option on the kit to keep sort of on the same theme. Came out pretty nice.

Here's a link to the dyno :

[video=youtube;yR1umC9VqQI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR1umC9VqQI[/video]

NICE man!!! The Procharger looks the "cleanest" with the stock manifold IMO.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice OP. That is a beast!
I was worried for you,.......until I read that you are building an engine, "just in case". lol
Enjoy bro!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Great video. Car looks like it pulls hard and those Magnaflow streets sound great.

DaBigBone

Established Member
99% sure that the biggest thing about Procharger is the install. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the install requires no cutting or modifying anything. They also use a separate drive for the blower which means if it shreds a belt you cans till drive it home.

imeyers302

Established Member
99% sure that the biggest thing about Procharger is the install. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the install requires no cutting or modifying anything. They also use a separate drive for the blower which means if it shreds a belt you cans till drive it home.

Installed my stage 2 procharger recently. Install is straight forward and probably the easiest of the blower options if you are mechanically inclined. You have to modify the oil cooler lines if you have a boss or track pack but they give you what you need and its real easy, I had to do it. There is also a coolant tube that needs to be slightly bent to allow for the bracket mounting, and you have to cut a section of the vacuum line, but thats extremely easy. Only cutting I had to do was on the plastic shield under the car. Not much, just a little for the bottom of the tubes.

Last edited:

Fernando@

Established Member
Looks great! Love the black!! What attracted you the most about the procharger?

To be honest with you it was the not having to cut or modify anything mixed in with good power reviews from others.

I got my stuff done at Real Street too, they do good work!

This wasn't done at Real Street. It was done at Ostar Motorsports but those guys do good work as well.

That's correct, the only thing that had to me modified was one of the coolant lines. Aside from that nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread