Finally got my Spintechs...question on the hangers

Mark99GT

Established Member
I finally got my Spintech Pro Street 6000s in stainless steel. Took about 8 weeks to get them. I think they look awesome, too bad they get hidden under the car. They're definitely a heavy duty, solid feeling, fully welded muffler. Figured I'd share some pics here since my wife isn't very interested in them, lol.... But I do have a question: Do the different size hangers welded to the mufflers look right? I haven't looked at the muffler hangers on one of these cars in years. I thought they'd be symmetrical but maybe they're not supposed to be? The driver side is substantially longer than the passenger side, as you can see in the picture. I don't want to start cutting the old exhaust off to install these if there's a problem with them.
Hangers.png

Front.png

Top.png

gonna clamp on the turndowns for now

Inside.png

Adower

Established Member
Those look nice! I am on the verge of going with those or some Borla Pro XS

MG0h3

Established Member
Had some on my fox back in the day. Sounded awesome. You’re gonna want tailpipes though

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Spintechs have an incredible sound. But from a visual point of a muffler its very ugly. Luckily most vehicles hide the mufflers and tips along with over the axle pipes tend to hide them well.

As stated definitely get tail pipes. Dumps take away the great sound they make.

Mark99GT

Established Member
Update for anyone considering them: I installed them and they sound AWESOME. I did not think the 4.6 could sound so deep. It's got this deep, raw gurgle at low rpm, like when pulling away from a stop sign. Yet they're actually pretty quiet at cruising speed around 2k rpm, with virtually zero drone, which is great. I'm really surprised by the no drone. I can carry on a conversation with the top down cruising--very nice. But mash the pedal and it gets very loud very quickly. They absolutely scream at WOT. I can't imagine the Super Pro Street 9000 series....I was considering the Sportsman 3000, glad I got the 6000s.

Not sure I buy the whole spin entropy thing they're selling. But they sound awesome and have the ability to be both relatively quiet and extremely loud, which is what I actually care about.

This is with an o/r Bassani x pipe. There is a bit of a harsh rasp around 3k rpm, between some shifts, and on some deceleration. I'm thinking it's from the x pipe. Not a huge fan of this, but certainly something I can live with. I have an H pipe in the garage I'm going to mod to slip in place of the Bassani x section. Hopefully it cleans that rasp up. I'll update when I get that installed. I'll also update soon with some sound/video links when I get my phone cleaned up.

Edit: No issues with the different size hangers, they worked fine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread