FINALLY got my truck back!

ChronicReign

Chrome bumper your face!
Established Member
For those of you that dont know, the bumper of my truck was stolen a couple weeks ago. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285942

Well, today I finally recieved the truck back. The grand total of the bill was almost $4,000 ($3,800 something I think). Luckily insuranced covered everything but my deductible.

Luckily the Body Shop that I used did an Amazing job. If anyone is in the DFW area, I like to use the body shop at Bill Utter Ford. They have always treated me well, and did a great job. (the service shop.......thats a different story) They even replaced the aftermarket billet grill that I had in the bumper. The bumper looks great, and I couldn't be happier. Of course, I am just happy to have my baby back in the garage again.

Thanks for everyones sympathy on this whole ordeal. I will throw some pictures up when I get her all cleaned up. Can't have dirty pictures floating around the internet. :D

02Lightningbolt

It JuSt A tRuCk!!!
Established Member
ChronicReign said:
For those of you that dont know, the bumper of my truck was stolen a couple weeks ago. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285942

Well, today I finally recieved the truck back. The grand total of the bill was almost $4,000 ($3,800 something I think). Luckily insuranced covered everything but my deductible.

Luckily the Body Shop that I used did an Amazing job. If anyone is in the DFW area, I like to use the body shop at Bill Utter Ford. They have always treated me well, and did a great job. (the service shop.......thats a different story) They even replaced the aftermarket billet grill that I had in the bumper. The bumper looks great, and I couldn't be happier. Of course, I am just happy to have my baby back in the garage again.

Thanks for everyones sympathy on this whole ordeal. I will throw some pictures up when I get her all cleaned up. Can't have dirty pictures floating around the internet. :D

sorry to hear that man im in houston and my L got broke in to about 3 weeks ago and they didn't even take anything WTF!!! :cuss: But at least you got a new bumper!

ELITE1

addicted to SVTP
Established Member
I'm glad you got your truck back from the shop. How did it end up being 4000.00 in damage, in your first thread it was like 1800.00, was the rest in labor or did they find other stuff wrong with it?

ChronicReign

Chrome bumper your face!
Established Member
I don't know how it got that high. They ended up having to replace the intercooler, oil cooler, fog lights, bumper, grill, fog light wiring harness, and the actual metal bump guards were bend. I guess after all that, paint, labor, ect, ect is jacked it up. I am just glad to have her home.

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
ChronicReign said:
I don't know how it got that high. They ended up having to replace the intercooler, oil cooler, fog lights, bumper, grill, fog light wiring harness, and the actual metal bump guards were bend. I guess after all that, paint, labor, ect, ect is jacked it up. I am just glad to have her home.

They killed you on the shop labor. I know because I got a new front bumper too, and fender and door and that was $5k.
The bumper brakets and crap are as much as the bumper cover if not more.

gbgary

Established Member
ChronicReign said:

Luckily the Body Shop that I used did an Amazing job. If anyone is in the DFW area, I like to use the body shop at Bill Utter Ford.

utterly fantastic...come out to a talon gtg sometime. :)

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
Wonder how they got the bumper off in the first place when they stole it? Judging by how much they had to replace on your truck afterwards, I don't see how they could have used the bumper. Seems like it would have been torn all to hell and back.

ChronicReign

Chrome bumper your face!
Established Member
gbgary said:
utterly fantastic...come out to a talon gtg sometime. :)

Wish I could, but you guys seem to love to have get togethers when I am working :shrug: LOL, hopefully I will be able to make it to one some day or another

Users who are viewing this thread