Finally got my vin after 12 weeks. now what?

peteypab2133

Established Member
Sooo,

My dealer called me today and said that after 12 weeks of waiting he had a vin for me lol.

Is there ANY chance at all that this car will be delivered before July 25th?

I typed my vin online to the site others have listed, but its ovbiously not up yet.

The car will be drop shipped from Michigan he said since its only a few hours south of there..

Thanks in advance!

BossAnaki

Established Member
Sooo,

My dealer called me today and said that after 12 weeks of waiting he had a vin for me lol.

Is there ANY chance at all that this car will be delivered before July 25th?

I typed my vin online to the site others have listed, but its ovbiously not up yet.

The car will be drop shipped from Michigan he said since its only a few hours south of there..

Thanks in advance!

Congrats!! :beer: I just recieved mine yesterday after waiting just as long.

peteypab2133

Established Member
before july 25th? very good possibility...chill out and relax, have a beer and celebrate!

Thanks man, I actually have been pretty calm during this long wait. I only started bugging my dealer in the past week or 2.

I am at work, but by celebrating I bought some honey baked ham boxed lunch! Extra meat and to wash it down a redbull.

:beer:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
It should be there by the 2nd week of July if I had to guess.

Congrats! What's the 25th of July?

Hourigan218

Established Member
Well congrats hope your car gets to you soon. I just ordered mine a week ago and is still in unscheduled. I'm trying to see how the process works. From unscheduled to scheduled what does that mean and then what is next step? Can anyone help me with the process? Order was input a week ago and I'm just waiting to see what's next.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Well congrats hope your car gets to you soon. I just ordered mine a week ago and is still in unscheduled. I'm trying to see how the process works. From unscheduled to scheduled what does that mean and then what is next step? Can anyone help me with the process? Order was input a week ago and I'm just waiting to see what's next.

you have not been reading enough here. You are going to be waiting at least 4-6 weeks just to get scheduled, maybe more. Depends on your dealership and where they fall in the pecking order. Once you get a VIN and blend dates thats another couple weeks. Then once the car is done another few weeks for delivery. I orderded last week of March, scheduled to arrive Last week of this month. That should give an idea of a more ideal process, some go quicker, some go longer. So breathe and be prepared to wait...

peteypab2133

Established Member
It should be there by the 2nd week of July if I had to guess.

Congrats! What's the 25th of July?

I got bored of waiting. I have a child coming in January (i know you know allll about kids :lol1: )

I told my dealer that I wanted to enjoy the car for a while before I have to park it and possibly sell it next year for a mini van of some sort (thats a joke lol, I have been test driving new E3550 and E550's over the past 2 weeks)

Last edited:

peteypab2133

Established Member
ya the vin just means its scheduled, its probably scheduled for about two to four weeks from now, then add a few weeks for delivery

2 weeks would be nice, If I could get it built before the week shut down I would be happy. That would then give me like another 4 weeks to get it shipped to Indiana. But I realize there are others in line before me too. Guess time will tell.

Hourigan218

Established Member
Ok thanx for the info, so I ordered first week of June and I guess I'm looking at 3 to 3 1/2 months ( sometime in early sept I hope). I'm just happy I was able to get an allOcarion at sticker. I hear horror stories of crazy mark ups and no allocations left. I guess I'll be passing the time here reading all the threads and hoping the time passes kinda quick.

SVTSlingshot

Ya, that's my Shelby
Established Member
you have not been reading enough here. You are going to be waiting at least 4-6 weeks just to get scheduled, maybe more. Depends on your dealership and where they fall in the pecking order. Once you get a VIN and blend dates thats another couple weeks. Then once the car is done another few weeks for delivery. I orderded last week of March, scheduled to arrive Last week of this month. That should give an idea of a more ideal process, some go quicker, some go longer. So breathe and be prepared to wait...

Been over 12 weeks and still not scheduled. :shrug:

aso544

Established Member
checked on mine today. I ordered on 5/12 and its still unscheduled.....as i thought it would be!!! I ordered from a small local dealer who had 1 allocation.....sure i got a LONG wait!!!!!

BOD89LX

Established Member
Glad to hear Ford is starting to get to the orders that have been in the system for 12 plus weeks, I got my VIN and a build date of July 9th yesterday and ETA TBD, did you get a build date also from the dealer?? Looks like our wait should only be 4-7 more weeks depending on shipping.!!!

:rolling::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread