Finally got the shelby tuned :)

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
So I got new tires, with 30 aspect from the factory 35s... and one thing led to another and needed a programmer to correct the speedometer/odometer.

Now I know how everyone feels with modding... yeah its imminent!

Even though I had some issues with a serial number mismatch with my device, which was really my fault.... Pat, Shawn, and Scott all did a great job with getting this programmer setup properly, even when the shop was closed today! So Steeda out in Milton, Ontario... HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

I can't believe how much better the gas consumption is with the added power and tune, the car sounds so sexy hooked up with the new tires at WOT through the gears.

What size pulley are most of y'all running on your 11 Shelbys?? I am looking to be able to FIRE AT WILL, as well as drive like a grand pa without worries.

Also, the factory cold air... is it worth changing??

I think 800ish RWHP will be just right, but yeah that will be perhaps with the next set of tires :)

This car is not what its suppose to be without a SCT X3... for whoever has not tuned their GT500, call up Steeda RIGHT NOW!!!

Last edited:

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
Ok I'm missing something, you state you have new tires then talk about your new power, did you leave out some details on other mods? lol

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
so you tuned your stock car? hard time comprehending what you are trying to say

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I think hes saying "since I had to change the tune for different size tires, I had them time the engine as well"

Other than that- no comprende

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Simple tune...looking for advice on an upper pulley...eventually he wants 800rwhp.

red gt500

Established Member
wooow 800 rwhp from a tire and a pulley swap!!

i wish mine was that easy :)

Last edited:

s174

trooper speed
Established Member
I would like to know more on your setup. Mods, besides what is stated. Octane used? Dyno numbers? Who tuned your car? I think your like the second person to have this setup:rockon:

Blankenship Tuning and Performance 93 octane tune. The car made WC 594 RWHP and 613 Torque. Mod's to date; 2.40 pulley w/90mm Idler, POSI ported Eaton, VMP elbow, FRPP 65mm dual throttlebody, Innovators 10% lower, Afco heat exchanger, w/SPAL fan, Roush resivoir tank, offroad H-pipe, TR-6 plugs, 170 thermostat.

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
bahaha
sorry guys, my excitement of fresh tires with a tune took over reality.

REALITY - my car is NOT 800 rwhp. I ended up getting some new tires for the Shelby, but it was eating my odometer because of the aspect being 30 not 35 like the factory rear tire set. And as I mentioned in the rear post, modding seems to be imminent because my plan was only for 2 new tires for the rear.

Now because the tires threw off the rev/mile calculation, I ended up having to buy a SCT X3... and then along with that purchase came a 94 Octane tune from Steeda performance in Milton, Ontario. WHAT A DIFFERENCE from the stock tune to this one on the fresh new tires, amazing.

But hypothesizing from how the new found response from the power band of this car feels, I think 800 RWHP on this car in the near future is where I may actually not care to mod more. Well hopefully... :p

And yes. I did want to know what most of the 11-12 GT500 owners are running for the SC pulley/boost level/octane? etc... because a pulley is cheap, why the heck would you not if you have a sct :)

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
800 rwhp = built motor either up front or after the stocker blows up IMHO. Give Revan Racing and Power By The Hour a call. Easier to map out a build plan than buy stuff that won't work or mix well. Ask me how I know (Hint...you'll see I've sold new parts in the market section here and replaced them with other parts...wasted time and money).

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
800 rwhp = built motor either up front or after the stocker blows up IMHO. Give Revan Racing and Power By The Hour a call. Easier to map out a build plan than buy stuff that won't work or mix well. Ask me how I know (Hint...you'll see I've sold new parts in the market section here and replaced them with other parts...wasted time and money).

u are right, my last 87 fox-hatch was built witha 306 with all parts ordered at once, and it did run better then people building with random parts. And well saved a bit of money, just unhappy with the shop in general.

800RWHP needs a built motor? :( I thought this motor can get beat up all day with a whipple capable of making this kind of RWHP? looking to drop under 8 grand to get this somehow...

Users who are viewing this thread