finally got to dyno

1989Gt.

Banned
So the car made a tad less then I was hopeing for but its good enough for me. Next is nitrous car made 246hp and 240trq first run under gt tune.

Then the next 5 hr tweaked the parameters and it climbed up to 285hp and 290torque to the wheels I wanted 300 so bad but all the car has is h pipe borla side exhaust and jlt Cai. Built bottom end with 10.8:1 compression.

SteedaX47

Established Member
Will pulleys net me anything?

As far as my experience goes... a little actually. I only have experience with bbk underdrives though. Supposedly the steeda ones feel better. But the biggest reason why they're wanted is cause people don't like the piggy back system that the bbk and others use. Also my experience is with a 2v. On the dyno it helped throughout the whole range. Only like 2-5 hp but still. Not bad for 200 or less. Plus a quicker rev too. I plan on keeing the underdrives with my swap

1989Gt.

Banned
Oh yea my buddy picked up 8 or so with his steeda set. I was just wondering of it would be the same as 4v

SteedaX47

Established Member
Probably around the same. Specially since the whole valvetrain takes away so much power. Wouldn't be surprised if they're worth more on a 4v lol. Id say id post the difference but ill be starting with them directly with my swap lol. I'm hoping to be at least 250-260 rwhp N/A without boost but I won't know for sure since the turbos already on the car lol

svtcobralover

Established Member
I don't understanf why you couldn't squeeze more power out. On my old cobra I was running 10.5:1 compression wih only a x-pype, steeda pulleys, and a k&n air filter and I made 300/300.

1989Gt.

Banned
It was 75 degrees and 35% humidity dynoojet. I was at 290 whp but he said still had to much timing up top he said that the less timing thebetter for the engine

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Yes, you do gain a few ponies. March makes a set for our cobras that I hear are pretty good.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread