Finally got to the track in the Z06..Beware- Cell phone vid

VENOMIZED03

Established Member
I picked my car up from the dyno on Saturday night and decided to take advantage of our cooler air that came through.(2 years waiting b/c my cars been down) I made a few runs(6-7) and this is the only one that was caught on tape bc the mustang I am racing is a buddy that has been talking crap for quite some time now. Needless to say, I pulled him so hard out of the hole, that he aborted because "something was wrong" LMAO.. Go figure!!

So alittle story about my run. My car is tuned on 15-16 lbs, but my car for some reason was only pulling about 10lbs towards the end of the night. Come to find out after I loaded the car on the trailer, that the vacuum line came off the Blow off valve. Pisses me off now, but atleast its an easy fix. I dont have the slip with me, but on this run, I pulled a 1.7x 60ft, 6.7xx @ 115
1/8th mile and a 9.95x @ 144 in the 1/4...

My best 60ft of the night was a ridiculous 1.502... I missed 2nd gear on that run bc I wasnt ready for such a launch

I also pulled a 1.55 and 1.60 that night but the car wasnt performing well with such low boost.

Im going to fix the vacuum line, wait for some cooler weather to come back through, then hit the track again. If I can pull another mid 1.5 60ft, I feel the car will run 9.6-9.7s at close to 146-147mph.. Im super excited. Enough about that, on to the great quality cell phone video!! :shrug:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTKdv4wF5XY"]Venomized03 9sec run - YouTube[/nomedia]

venomws6

Established Member
Hell yeah man Congrats on the 9s :rockon:

I can't wait to run mine at 1/4
Get us some better vids

UncleAnt

Established Member
I've got your last run starting before the burnout with the supra aswell if you want it.I think John walked in front of me halfway through then I got the end of it

VENOMIZED03

Established Member
Thanks guys..
Just a quick rundown

408ci with LQ4 block
Ported L98/LS3 heads
Vortec YSi at 15-16lbs
Alky Control Dual Meth kit
Spec Twin disc
TR6060 trans
C6Z diff
CCW Drag Pack w/28" Hoosiers

Obviously way way more, but that's the main stuff

Mitch.Shea

Established Member
9's is flying bro, wish i could of purchased your street classics. what new rims did you end up buying? looks prime, sounds solid, and has a nice time slip.

VENOMIZED03

Established Member
Thanks bud, I appreciate it. I actually sold them bc there was no use for 18's. I couldnt get them to hook at all below 75-80mph lol. All I have now is the 16" CCW drag Pack. Its still a 100% street car, but I dont think Ill be driving it much on the street.

Ill post a vid of when I run mid 9's... Hopefully next time out!!

Users who are viewing this thread