Finally got wheels (Nothing special though)

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
I finally got some wheels today. Granted they aren't the Fikse's like i was planning but after months of trying, We decided that to make a wheel to fit a L the center hub is bigger than anything he uses and he would have to have a program written. That's a little expensive for 1 set of wheels. I am still leaning on him to get some wheels going for trucks but nothing yet. When he does then I'll get the wheels i really wanted. Here is what i did get though. Factory Reproductions 20x9 With a General Grabber UHB(The tire seems to be great especially for the price.) I have only had them on for a few hours but can tell that the ride is better and the sound is more quiet than the stock F1's and the crappy Toyo Proxies i just had on my 18's

rfat16-albums-2001-lightning-picture7592-new-wheels.jpg

rfat16-albums-2001-lightning-picture7593-new-wheels.jpg

rfat16-albums-2001-lightning-picture7591-new-wheels-lowered-2-3.jpg

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
Since I'm not planning on making a career in the quarter, i'll probably pick up a set of those eventually. I personally think the stock style suits these trucks the nicest... though some aftermarket styles do look pretty good too. The only aftermarket styles I've ever seen that I liked though were claimed in the 1k per wheel area, and they were part of custom batches, and they damn well would have looked nice on any car, plus they dont make them anymore :(

Looks slick though! I'll make my truck fast in the quarter when I'm DD'ing something else entirely and the L becomes purely a toy.

SADF

Established Member
Since I'm not planning on making a career in the quarter, i'll probably pick up a set of those eventually. I personally think the stock style suits these trucks the nicest... though some aftermarket styles do look pretty good too. The only aftermarket styles I've ever seen that I liked though were claimed in the 1k per wheel area, and they were part of custom batches, and they damn well would have looked nice on any car, plus they dont make them anymore :(

Looks slick though! I'll make my truck fast in the quarter when I'm DD'ing something else entirely and the L becomes purely a toy.

Amen. None of us will be John Force. Its your personal vehicle and especially if its a street truck personalize it anyway you like. Its so fun :rockon:. I like to go fast and look good too and could care less who my truck beats or who beats me, we can have a beer after you beat me and talk about cars. I love both aspects of modifying so much. Not to mention for all the big wheel haters, just put drag radials or slicks on with different wheels when you want to race. Most people who are uptight about wheels usually are uptight about street racing and such things so it won't be too much of an issue to swap wheels/tires for the track.

BTW, to the poster, nice set of wheels. I really like the chrome factory 20's on silver L's thanks to DenaliOn26's

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Looks good. I really wish they made the 03-04 wheel in 20 inch chrome.

Just because it's fast doesn't mean it can't look good at the same time.

MJG

Established Member
Im happy with my 20 reps too!
But knowing me, I will most likely get bored of them and eventually sell them off for something else.:dancenana:

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
Don't get me wrong i like them and think they look pretty darn good. I'm sure i will get the itch to change. At that point in time i will look in to sanding the chrome and having them changed to a different color. I think a charcoal color could look good on a silver rig.

LightningClint

Every Last DETAIL
Established Member
I agree with SADF and RIDE THE.....do what you want. A truck can be fast and good looking at the same time. I have beat guys with the same mods as me and my 22's were on the truck. And then other guys have beat me. Who cares it's all fun.

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Looks awesome. still the best "style" of stock rims for Lightnings imo.... Chrome looks even better.

Black02SVTL

#746 of 4726
Established Member
Those look good, I love the factory styling. I want them to get a BBK. Well when either one of you decide to off your 20's I call dibs. ;-)

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Had the 18's. Still have them actually. Running a smaller rim now, with stickier tires. Sweet look bro.

Users who are viewing this thread