Finally in the 11's with the 03 vert!!!!!

03silverdrop

Established Member
Finally made it to the track after getting my 2.75, 4lb lower and a dyno tune by Amazon Racing. I went to the track and got to make two passes before I was asked if I would run 1/8 mile passes because I was going to fast and have no roll cage. :cuss: The tech told me that anything in a convertible 13.49 or lower requires a roll cage and a jacket. Does this sound right to any of you guys? Anyway, I told the guy I was going to make one last pass and I would leave. My first two runs I went 12.03 and 12.21(spun on the launch) so I knew an 11 second pass was attainable. Last run I went 11.98 @ 117 with a 1.83 60ft. This was on 305/35/18 nitto dr's with full interior and even the spare tire. I think with some weight removed and harder launches mid to low 11's are possible. I couldn't be happier!!! :rockon:

Tman

Established Member
Damn, thats pretty cool!!! Im hoping I can run as fast as you with a bit more prectice! Congrats! :thumbsup:
Btw the tech's here told me all I need is the roll over bar under 13.49 until I start hitting 11.9's and thats when roll cage will be required.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
RedfireVenom went 11.70 w/ a BF 2.76 upper only and no idler pulley in his 03 vert. on nittos! ;-) GO MACA!

Good times man! :beer:

Last edited:

yellow03vert

Established Member
I went 11.91 @ 116.9 in my car it with a 2.76 pulley, it not as easy to get into the 11's as people think especially with a vert. Good runs btw :thumbsup:

03silverdrop

Established Member
o3SnakeBite said:
Congrats! Thats a crap load of tq, what do you launch at?
I launch at 3000 and let the clutch out like I'm leaving a stop light and then put it to the floor. This was my first time launching on the DR's and I had no wheel spin at all and it bogged a little out of the hole. I know I can launch a little bit harder but it's hard to figure out the best technique. Launching at the track is truly an art. :beer:

damn that lower REALLY brings up the torque.. making me wanna get a lower now with my ported eaton & 2.76 upper. :)

you should get MT ET Streets for an even lower time.

how come you didn't get the 315/35/17 DRs?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread