Finally installed speedhut gauges but ???

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
I finally got around to installing my speedhut gauges in my car and they look absolutely awesome!!! My question is at night, the backlighting on the gauge isn't that bright. I didn't get the reverse glow because I wanted them to match the stockers. Is there a way to make it any brighter or are these gauges just a little bit dimmer than others?? Still love em and it's not something I can't deal with, just curious... I'll post pics up later, but I don't have any decent night pics yet.

black 10th vert

Established Member
that's funny you mention this, because I had read in the past that guys were wanting to add dimmers to them! I'll be following this, because I just ordered a set of them last week, but haven't received them yet.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I finally got around to installing my speedhut gauges in my car and they look absolutely awesome!!! My question is at night, the backlighting on the gauge isn't that bright. I didn't get the reverse glow because I wanted them to match the stockers. Is there a way to make it any brighter or are these gauges just a little bit dimmer than others?? Still love em and it's not something I can't deal with, just curious... I'll post pics up later, but I don't have any decent night pics yet.

There is a brightness function on the guages.It`s on the back page of the instructions.Push the function button on the front of the guage till it starts flashing,about 2 sec,then push it again,ther`es 4 levels of brightness.When you get to the desired level,just let it sit until it flashes a couple of times and you`re set.Do this w/the key on,and the lights on.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There is a brightness function on the guages.It`s on the back page of the instructions.Push the function button on the front of the guage till it starts flashing,about 2 sec,then push it again,ther`es 4 levels of brightness.When you get to the desired level,just let it sit until it flashes a couple of times and you`re set.Do this w/the key on,and the lights on.

This is what I love about this site! Ask a question and you get an answer. :rockon:

HwyKng

Street Beast...
Established Member
Damn thats good to know. Ive had mine for 5 months and havent got around to installing them. Thanks

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
Here's the pics I promised. I still don't have any good night pics, but will try the adjustments mentioned above and get some asap!

DSC00145.jpg

DSC00142.jpg

DSC00128.jpg

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
Those look good. I like the mounting in the dash bezel. Do they block your view of the stock instruments at all? From your pics it's hard to tell without being in the driver's seat. I thought that the SVT on the Speedhut's was red not black. Do you have a choice when you order them?

:beer:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Those look good. I like the mounting in the dash bezel. Do they block your view of the stock instruments at all? From your pics it's hard to tell without being in the driver's seat. I thought that the SVT on the Speedhut's was red not black. Do you have a choice when you order them?

:beer:

Yup,you can get them in red.LOOK DOWN
002-3.gif

slitherin' 03

Banned
When in doubt read the directions.

Only if absolutely necessary!

I don't wanna hyjack this thread, but I have been meaning post a few questions about gauges and speedhut.

1. How much do these cost?
2. I was looking into customizing an intercooler temp guage. I really wanted to use a dual needle gauge so I could monitor pre and post temps. Is there a dual needle gauge out there anywhere?

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
The gauges are a little pricier than others but well worth the money in quality!! The LED can be set to come on at a minimum and a maximum point and will retain a memory of them until they're reset. If I remember correctly, these 2 gauges cost a little over $300 for both which included shipping and all the extra. So you're looking at ~$100 - $150 a piece. I don't know of any dual gauges, but I wouldn't be shocked to see one out there somewhere.

Oh and no they don't block the view of the stock instruments. I'm pretty tall anyway, but they won't block the view.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread