Finally its here!!

sky1

Established Member
Well I bought my 2011 GT500 with the SVT package back in Dec and ordered the full suspension kit from FPP at the same time,and finally today my Ford dealer called and said it was in,so now I am taking it in Friday to have it installed,I can't wait.:banana::banana:

I will take some pics when it is done to compare.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
so why order the SVT Package if you were going to change the suspension anyway. Might want to keep all that comes off and sell it. Just my 1 cent

sky1

Established Member
I wanted the car to sit lower and handle better.I called FPP and they said that the springs in the kit will lower the car an inch over the SVT package,and with the adjustable struts and new sway bars in the kit,it makes a complete package.When I called the tech dept at FPP he said that this kit really took the GT500 to the next level in the handling dept,we will see.

I will see how I like the FPP package,and then I will decide on weather to sell the orginal stuff.

ad445

Racing Is In My Blood
Established Member
I am interested in doing the same thing. tell us what you think and please take some pic's.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
I wanted the car to sit lower and handle better.I called FPP and they said that the springs in the kit will lower the car an inch over the SVT package,and with the adjustable struts and new sway bars in the kit,it makes a complete package.When I called the tech dept at FPP he said that this kit really took the GT500 to the next level in the handling dept,we will see.

I will see how I like the FPP package,and then I will decide on weather to sell the orginal stuff.

I think what dirtyo was asking is, why did you pay $3500 for a car with the SVT performance package if you are going to install the FRPP handling kit? You could have saved some money by starting with a non PP car. At least, I think that is what he was saying...

Last edited:

sky1

Established Member
Well thats like saying "why not start with a 5.0 and super charge it instead of buying a Shelby GT500 and buying another supercharger like a whipple or KB and replacing the stock supercharger",because it makes it handle better and sit better just like the whipple or KB makes more hp then stock.The SVT package is NOT just suspension,but wheels & tires and 3.73 gear and the thiner stripes,plus some other things.It is just like an other mod,its to make improvments to the car.:beer:

Last edited:

svtmadman

Established Member
I see both sides of the argument....congrats! Cant wait to see it. I sat in a 2012/recaro/nav car yesterday. The seats are slightly better that my 08 but hte interior is the shit.

sky1

Established Member
Here is a pic of my GT500 before the FPP suspension.

2011-01-09_12-41-11_635.jpg

2011-01-09_12-40-15_502.jpg

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
You ordered an 11 but they built you a 12 correct? Still dont know why people pay extra for both suspensions and only use one?

Congrats on the car. Enjoy it!

Last edited:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
You ordered an 11 but they built you a 12 correct? Still dont know why people pay extra for both suspensions and only use one?

Congrats on the car. Enjoy it!

Didn't want to put it in those terms but yeah that's what I was thinking. PP Package is gears, stripes, and suspension. Great car nice mods I guess. Just seems cheaper to get a non PP car if your going to buy the FRPP.

Better scenario is ordering a Shelby paying an extra $4K for a TVS just to take it home and pull it off to install a KB or Whipple. Enjoy the car and report back on the ride difference. Was looking at the FRPP kit myself but hoping someone would take off the PP components and sell them really cheap (hint hint)

sky1

Established Member
Well for once I can have my cake and eat it to.I went for a short ride in some turns and down some semi rough roads,and the handling has gone up a few notches.It has turned into a serious canyon carver,and for the even better news,the ride is as good or better then before.I do not know if its got more rebound or what,but I would have bet the ride would be way worse.:banana:

The PP car has different wheels & tires also then the non PP car.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread