FINALLY new dyno numbers with my 6R80 NA coyote

Newbomb Turk

Established Member
So basicly the only thing you did power wise was add the cams and got 30 rwhp? Nice job & wonder what the heads would have done? I guess we'll see, waiting for the track numbers! Nice!! :bowdown:

nordy racer

Established Member
Very Nice! Love a good N/A build, car is making impressive power!

thanks.. we are very happy to get this power out of a built high stall Automatic..

So basicly the only thing you did power wise was add the cams and got 30 rwhp? Nice job & wonder what the heads would have done? I guess we'll see, waiting for the track numbers! Nice!! :bowdown:

yup, we did Comp Stage 3 cams (used ones on top of that). TSS oil pump gear and Boss Valve springs due to high 7800 shift points.

Any way to see the old 93 dyno vs this one? Amazing ftw is worth 25hp over 93, awesome.

dyno on 93 pump with STOCK cams was 442.92rwhp and 384.23rwtq SAE numbers.. increase of 34rwhp.

Car looks good.

thank you

Sweet pics!!! :rockon:

thanks man.

Jinx.

Stig's Lazy Cousin
Established Member
Is there a write up anywhere to DIY smoothing out a CJ manifold like that and prepping it to be painted?

nordy racer

Established Member
Is there a write up anywhere to DIY smoothing out a CJ manifold like that and prepping it to be painted?

the person that did mine has been a body shop painter for a long time. I would look around area and take your intake over to them and ask.. I know he did a lot of sanding, body filler, primer then kona paint with mine. took about a week..

62nalide

Established Member
car still has stock heads on it from 2012.. only thing done to the heads have been BOSS valve springs installed..

That's great man!
Last question, I've been told stage 3 cams need fly cutting and or forged Pistons is this true?

Last edited:

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I lost my mom last month and my dad is now in the hospital. so racing is on the side because of family.. I will trying and get to a track soon.

I'm so sorry to read that, man. Obviously, family comes first. I send the best wishes for you guys.

nordy racer

Established Member
Well.. really haven't had time to run the car at the Strip, but two Fridays ago I took her up to see what she would run on 93 pump gas.. the weather wasn't the best, DA was 2000+ and temps were in the 85* range. humidity was about the same around 79%.. I'm also running old Mickey Pro DRs that have about 12K miles on them, so I wasn't looking to get amazing 60ft times this night.. right off the street with the tires aired down to 18psi the car ran.

60ft 1.52
330 4.51
1/8 7.02
mph 96.03

1/4 11.02
mph 123.36

after I did that run the track guys gave me a warning for not having a roll bar or fire jacket. for the next three runs during the night I just 1/8 pulls and data logs for Adam to review. my last run of the night I did a full pull once again.

60ft 1.55
330 4.53
1/8 7.04
mph 97.36

1/4 11.05
mph 123.25

I really couldn't complain to much for being 3660lbs race weight and +2000DA with 1/2 tank of gas.. after putting those numbers in to "track times" .. it looks like the car on a normal sea level day would have ran 10.77 & 126mph.. so now I have to wait for these summer temps to pass us by to get some nice cool air to see what it will really run..

Users who are viewing this thread