finally pulled the motor

busarich

Established Member
Well I finally pulled the motor and tranny. We pulled it through the top. F-that. We got it about half way pulled and had to pull the long tubes off. When I put the motor in, I am gonna put on it in from the bottom.

IMG_20140223_224428_279_zps0f2e49f8.jpg

Last edited:

busarich

Established Member
I still have some parts to order but I can start tearing it down. I almost have the new short block all the way done. I have 4 more cylinders worth of ring filing to do, install 4 pistons and rods and torque the rod bolts. I am waiting on my head studs so I can get this thing put together and back in the car.

busarich

Established Member
I have everything sitting here minus the head studs, 15% OD pulley, 8 rib conversion, throttle body and the fuel system. I will be ordering pulley and headstuds tomorrow and then rest when taxes get here. I still have not decided on the fuel system yet. Probably the fore or jpc setup.

by9468840

Established Member
everyone says "do the oil pump gears".. yet i have not heard off or seen a single engine failed due to oil pump gears. Everyone is breaking rods way before oil pump fails. Oil gears are not worth the investment. Save the money and use it for a brand new shortblock build with forged internals.

mystickeith50

Established Member
everyone says "do the oil pump gears".. yet i have not heard off or seen a single engine failed due to oil pump gears. Everyone is breaking rods way before oil pump fails. Oil gears are not worth the investment. Save the money and use it for a brand new shortblock build with forged internals.

You would be mistaken. I have personally seen at least ten broken gears in just the people i know. It is actually very common with power adder power levels and bouncing off hig rpms . Your statement couldn't be farther from the truth.

mystickb1996

Established Member
he must be new........... lol jk but really man this is a common problem that should be a requirement when rebuilding

08mojo

Established Member
I have everything sitting here minus the head studs, 15% OD pulley, 8 rib conversion, throttle body and the fuel system. I will be ordering pulley and headstuds tomorrow and then rest when taxes get here. I still have not decided on the fuel system yet. Probably the fore or jpc setup.

You going with a turbo?

Probably not;-)

by9468840

Established Member
I've seen more gear failures than broken rods on these coyotes lol

dont use overly viscous oil and dont bounce off the rev limiter.
easy to control oil pump gear failures.

however rods are just giving up at any rpm. Some guys breaking them at levels even below 600rwhp.. some are good up to 700rwhp. Ticking bomb really..

anyway, just my opinion. I chose to save up for a new block with built gears, rods/pistons instead of spending $1500 on a oil pump upgrade in a stock engine.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
dont use overly viscous oil and dont bounce off the rev limiter.
easy to control oil pump gear failures.

however rods are just giving up at any rpm. Some guys breaking them at levels even below 600rwhp.. some are good up to 700rwhp. Ticking bomb really..

anyway, just my opinion. I chose to save up for a new block with built gears, rods/pistons instead of spending $1500 on a oil pump upgrade in a stock engine.

That's a dangerous game to play..

Krace

Established Member

busarich

Established Member
I opted to do a new block, boss crank, Manley pistons(10-1), manley h beam, TSS oil pump gears. I got rid or the Paxton and got a Kenne bell 2.8LC Mammoth. gonna be running a AED tune.

Last edited:

Ford-4-me

Established Member
Well I finally pulled the motor and tranny. We pulled it through the top. F-that. We got it about half way pulled and had to pull the long tubes off. When I put the motor in, I am gonna put on it in from the bottom.

IMG_20140223_224428_279_zps0f2e49f8.jpg

Great work. Is this being done in your garage at home?

busarich

Established Member
yeah. I just bought a house back in October, and had to insulate/sheetrock the garage. so I am finally getting around to dealing with the car.

Cashbum

Established Member
My engine grenaded. Killed two pistons and cracked a cylinder wall. Now I got a new engine, Manley rods, Mahle pistons with stock crank. I put TSS gears because I plan on revving it high. Along with TF valve springs

Users who are viewing this thread