FINALLY saw 03's in person..N.J. dealership

Honest Mike

Established Member
Just took a ride and figurd let me stop by my local Ford/SVT dealership and see if they had any 03 Cobras in. Sure enough when i pulled up to the gate that blocks the entrance (they were closed), to the right were not 1, but what looked like (5) 03 Cobras all lined up. After hopping the gate, LMAO, i spotted a 6th Cobra behind those 5 longways. I really like the car alot, very nice looking. This dealership is Wayne Ford in Wayne, N.J. for anyone reading this in N.J. that is looking for one. They have a bright red coupe, gray interior, 2 silver coupes both with gray interior, 1 black coupe not sure on interior color, 1 black convertible with black top not sure on interior color, 1 sonic blue with gray interior. They were all very nice, i stood there quite long looking. ;-) I like the stance they have when you approach them, the front wheels and tires sort of look like they stick out passed the fenders slightly, looks mean. I like the wheels more than i thought i would. I like the rear wing more than i thought i would. What i noticed that was a small thing that i really liked, was that the emergency brake lever has like a leather boot sort of like the stick shift has and with the lever pulled up it kind of bunches up if you know what i mean, i thought that was a really cool feature. Now for the bad part, they have the window sticker marked up extremely high.. MARKET ADJUSTMENT $7,500. OUCH!!! So anyway, i looked for a while and off i went, when leaving i spotted another black 03 Cobra on other end of lot up on one of those drive on ramps, so all together this one dealership has (7) 03 Cobras. I really couldnt tell you which color i liked best, they were all nice! But i did find myself looking at the bright red more, but that could be cause it was the first one in the line up parked under the parking lot light and it looked nice. The black looks really good, the silver i like alot, its just plain and simple, but yet looks very nice, the blue is awesome and id like to see it in the daylight...hmm maybe thats what ill do tomorrow afternoon, take another ride over there, hehehe. Hope you liked my thread. Mike :beer:

Dem03SonicSnake

Established Member
son of a bitches, i was so close to buying my sonic blue from there, and they were like oh this is the last one were gonna get until sometime next year, blah blah blah, they were trying to rip me a new asshole with the prices, ordered it from somewhere else

Honest Mike

Established Member
Where are you from and where did u order it from? Do u have it yet? Their prices are really far fetched i think. 7500 MARKET ADJUSTMENT? Come on, they might as well take you in the back room, beat you up and steal your wallet. LMAOOO The guy who puts that extra piece of paper on there with the market adjustment, id like to :burn: or :bash: him. HAHAHA Knock some sense into him. :-D Mike

Dem03SonicSnake

Established Member
id like to go back and scream at the damn salesman, talking crap like oh we will never have any sitting on our lots, we'll put one in a showroom and sell it in seconds, or the famous this is the last one were getting so buy it quick

Honest Mike

Established Member
:lol: I hear ya, they always say that shit. They wanna sell sell sell. I appreciate you responding back to my thread, but curious why you didnt answer any of my questions. :D What SVT dealer did you order it from? There arent many around northern NJ as far as i know. I think Jack Trebour on route 10 is one and i know Oasis Ford down by raceway park is one also. Including Wayne Ford that makes 3 SVT dealers in NJ that i know of. Montclair-Bloomfield Ford used to be a SVT dealership, but 95 was their last year, i remember they had a brand new 95 Cobra R there that i stopped by to check out. Warnock Ford in Morristown was/is an SVT dealership, not sure if they still are havent seen a Cobra there in a long time, since like 97-98. They must not be anymore. Mike

Last edited:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
They still have them because the informed know they can get them for MSRP, if they shop around.

As far as Sonic Blue in sunlight:

Honest Mike

Established Member
Nice picture. I like I like. Im definitely gonna drop by again tomorrow and check it out in person. I really like that color. :thumbsup: Mike

Dem03SonicSnake

Established Member
well other then wayne, i had no luck anywhere near hear when i wanted to order one, so i found a place in conn that gave me it for sticker and that would give me a good price for my trade in, about an hour away , not bad, just waiting for my built date, only been about 5 weeks , i ordered the sonic blue, love that color

cobrablue

Established Member
if your in middlesex county go to dayton ford. they will give you a fair shake. stay away from oasis ford. they are thieves. i was all ready to sign the papers on my car but i wasnt willing to pay the 5 grand mark up. they said they would work with me. in the door walks daddy warbucks with his snotty 18 yr old troll who has to have the car no matter what. needless to say i left without the car as they sold it out from under me. i made sure i made a scene about the way they conduct business and that they are crooks right in the middle of the showroom. customers heads turned around pretty quick and i hope they lost some sales. good luck on your hunt.:rolleyes:

King Cobra 03

Established Member
thats where i got my car from, i orderd it in late feb, i was the first order they had so i got it for msrp. a couple weeks later they called me to tell me that i would have to wait for the chrome rims and how "LUCKY" i was because they where getting 5g's over sticker, i was there a couple weeks ago and they only had the sonic blue and a red one, for that 7500 over msrp. BASTARDS!!! :bash: :bash: :bash:

sonic cobra

Established Member
I was at Wayne Ford about three weeks ago when the sonic blue arrived. the reason they are all there is because of the market adjustment. Been to all the other SVT dealers in central Jersey and couldn,t get msrp. So went out of state and got order in for sonic blue coupe at msrp. took all of 15 min. Now the wait begins.

Leftywayn

Established Member
All American, Pistilli, and Ridgewood Village, all within 10 miles of one another are in Bergen county. I don't believe any of them are offering '03's at MSRP.

cobrablue

Established Member
got mine from al packer ford in baltimore for msrp. they get a small allocation i was just in the right place at the right time. good luck:p

VINMAN

Established Member
I went to fullerton ford in Somerville.That is were I bought my Lightning and they wanted $2,500 over sticker.I got them down to $2,000 but said forget it.I went to faulkner ford in Pennsy and got a sonic blue convert for sticker.These N.J. guys are crooks.

VINNIE

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Wayne

Was at Wayne's this past week..my dealer was trying to get a swap for their white for Wayne's Torch Red..but it was no dice. Wayne had the Red, Silver, Black vert and Sonic Blue out front i think a white in the showroom. My dealersip did everything to pry that Torch Red away but they wouldn't give in. If they really think they're going to get 7500 mark up theyre nuts....the dealership i go to on Route 10 marked up 3000 but went as low as 1500 for me. Wayne had a sweet Bullitt there too. From what ive been hearing theyre hoarding all the Cobras so theyll get mark up prices. Crying shame.

03DOHC

Established Member
DO NOT PAY OVER MSRP. You can find cars for MSRP and maybe less. Do some shopping around. I and lots of others here have found cars for MSRP or less.

cobrablue

Established Member
its a shame how these dealers rip people off. there are people who are crazy enough to pay 7500 hell some were even paying 10 gs. thats totally nuts. first off no bank is going to lend that much money for that car. they are in the red before they even start. so you in turn will fork it over. i assimilate it to taking 5 grand and burning it in your driveway. there should be some laws protecting against this but, once again the rich help the rich. screw the working class guy which most of us all are. let me stop before i start asking for votes. good luck:bash:

cubes

Established Member
Originally posted by cobrablue
its a shame how these dealers rip people off. :bash:
Agreed.
I blame Ford too. I am tired of hearing how dealers are independent to set the prices. If a dealer gouges prices Ford should redirect its allocation to a fair dealer. That will keep them honest.:gt:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread