Finally saw another 13/14 on the street...

grobertx

Established Member
I'm always saying how I've never seen another 13/14 on the street. I know some others that have them but I just never see them on the street. I think a lot of them are not DD so it makes sense not seeing one during my daily commute. Well today on my way to the office I'm sitting at the red light at Clay and Barker Cypress and there facing me is not only a 13/14 but the exact same color (white / blue stripes)!

It was both cool and a little disappointing... Just wondering if that driver is on this forum???

BlownAway03

Established Member
I had my first encounter with one other than mine a few weeks ago. I was riding with someone else and got all excited, as if I didn't have one sitting in the garage.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I've never ran into one while IN mine other than car shows/meets etc..

Have passed 2-3 others while in different vehicles.

RDEL

Established Member
That was me, I don't really post on here but browse at work. Mine is a 14 loaded except for glassroof/shaker pro. First time I have seen another one of the same color on the road. I was a bit disappointed as well lol. I live in Katy but only take mine out a few times per month.

Trubble

Established Member
I came across a lovely GB/Black 'vert last fall at Tipp City's annual Cruise-In. Didn't get to meet owner - he must have been eyeing all the wonderful rides, as I was doing.
That event was kind of special, as I had only bought my "14 a week prior. :rockon:

m4tic

Established Member
KujCrVN.jpg

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I saw a 14 GT500 gray with black stripes the other day, the guy had to be 70 years old driving it.

tw0scoops

Established Member
Is there a way to tell the difference between a 13 and a 14(without looking at the door plate)?

Spudz

Established Member
Was looking to buy a white with blue stripe '14, back before I actually did buy, when it got sold out from under me. Dealership wasn't local so I thought nothing of it.

Lo and behold, I pull up to a car show in my '14, which is also white with a blue stripe, and there sits the same color car. I parked next to him so that we had two of the same exact '14s representing (in hindsight, I wish I hadn't done that). Turns out it was the same car I was looking at before. Guy was quite proud of his 662 horses... until I showed up. It was sort of a buzz kill for both of us with the cars side by side. I had just bought mine a week prior.

tw0scoops

Established Member
Was looking to buy a white with blue stripe '14, back before I actually did buy, when it got sold out from under me. Dealership wasn't local so I thought nothing of it.

Lo and behold, I pull up to a car show in my '14, which is also white with a blue stripe, and there sits the same color car. I parked next to him so that we had two of the same exact '14s representing (in hindsight, I wish I hadn't done that). Turns out it was the same car I was looking at before. Guy was quite proud of his 662 horses... until I showed up. It was sort of a buzz kill for both of us with the cars side by side. I had just bought mine a week prior.

Too bad there weren't 2 more...then you could at least say you were the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Simon_C

Established Member
Is there a way to tell the difference between a 13 and a 14(without looking at the door plate)?

No. Though if you have a really good eye for colours and can tell the difference between Oxford White and Performance White or Ruby Red and Candy Red you might be able to identify some cars as 2014s or 2013s.

Even then the differences are fairly subtle the cars would generally need to be side by side.

I don't think there are any differences in the stripes though someone else may have better information.

Vegasgold

Established Member
That was me, I don't really post on here but browse at work. Mine is a 14 loaded except for glassroof/shaker pro. First time I have seen another one of the same color on the road. I was a bit disappointed as well lol. I live in Katy but only take mine out a few times per month.
Too funny. I can only imagine how you both felt. Like looking in the mirror.

97DOHCobra

Established Member
rear trunk facia is black - 13 and newer is the color of the car i believe.

Montana

Ford and Mopar Guy
Established Member
I live in a town of 1500 people that is very rural and very, very far from an real populated areas. There is two in town as well as two older super snake conversions. Of course I didn't know any of this until after I bought mine.

Users who are viewing this thread