Finally watched the Mist and...

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
the ending totally killed the whole movie. I want to punch Steven King in the throat with a roll of nickels. The critics really played up this film and it didn't deliver.
Sorry I just wanted to get that off my chest don't waist your money.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
^ I'm going to have to disagree with you, this movie was good. The ending was CRAZY.

KazooGS-T

Established Member
That ending is great. Only if you want to be disappointed and have the good guys die, for no reason. I never listen to what the "critics" say, because it usually is the opposite of their opinion.

fa110ut

Established Member
The ending in the film isn't the same ending from the novella. The original ending is ends in hope rather than a bunch of death and misery.

But for whatever my two cents are worth, I totally dig the ending. And that "impossibly tall creature" was badass.

CCT

Established Member
i liked how he got totally screwed in the end, the theatre i was in actually started laughing

Azar

Established Member
....I'm such a dumbass for opening this thread and wanting to see this movie.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I have found much of Stephen Kings work to get out of control, like something that just wouldn't happen. Some of the stories are good, just some get stupid.

The Dead Zone - Good
Needful Things - Beggining, Good - Middle and End, Stupid

Tunedprt91

Established Member
i just watched it too and i hated the end. Kinda funny how he killed his kid. And yea that tall monster was nice. The movie had some funny parts to it too. Overall it was a good movie.

fa110ut

Established Member
If it was anything like Dreamcatcher than it should be pretty cool.

My girlfriend hated this movie. She kept comparing it to Dreamcatcher and saying it was just a different spin on the same movie, which I guess it could be.

I loved it, though.

I'd say check it out. If you don't like it, just leave early and tell the people at the booth that some idiots were in the theater being loud and you want a discount.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
Me and my girls saw it... we both were not sure how we felt about it. I kept looking for a higher meaning to the movie. The ending was not expected.

fa110ut

Established Member
Me and my girls saw it... we both were not sure how we felt about it. I kept looking for a higher meaning to the movie. The ending was not expected.

The ending to the novella leaves the people at some port or something like that. I dunno. I didn't read it, just read up about it on IMDB. Apparently that version gives the reader hope that the people might get to safety.

So it's quite night and day between the two versions.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
still haven't seen if but plan on it soon. All of my friends have their money on finding out that it has something to do with the government gone wrong. Just a guess.

Coiled03

Established Member
Stephen King directed this movie?

No, it's based on one of his novellas. I can't remember which collection it's in, though. I want to say Nightmares & Dreamscapes, or maybe Different Seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread