finding a stolen car

eclipsemustang

Established Member
When i was younger my dad completely rebuilt a 67 camaro convertable only to have it stolen from him about 6 months after he finished it. the other day my uncle and my dad were at a carshow and my uncle was talking to a guy with a similar car and told the guy about my dads stolen car. The guy proceded to tell my uncle he knows a guy with a car that was stolen from where my dad was living when the car was stolen. I'm not sure how the guy knew all this information about when it was stolen or where it was stolen from but he knew it had be sold 4 times since it was stolen and he said the FBI even checked out the car. Not sure how this car keeps getting sold because our insurance company still owns the title of the car. But i was wondering if there is anything that could be done? my dad still has a set of keys to the car and we have the address to where the car is at today which is only about 15 miles from my house.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
If the VIN on the car matches your title, call the cops. You'll get it back.

jrock817

The Sandman
Established Member
that would be the best ending to a horrible story, only have the guy be a jerk to the cops and get tazed, then post the said video here

SuperG

Established Member
Well, YOU won't get the car back unless your dad did not file with the insurance company...otherwise, they will own it. But way cool that you found it!!

eclipsemustang

Established Member
I know my dad wouldnt own it, because the insurance company paid my dad for the car, so he was thinking best case scenario he could buy the car back for what the insurance company paid him but i am not sure how that works. kinda funny though the ins. company only gave my dad 8 grand for the car and the last time the car sold it sold for 35 grand according to the guy.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
There was a story a few years back where a Corvette, I believe, stolen in the early 70's was recovered on a cargo bin getting ready to board a ship. The guy got his car back.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
There was a story a few years back where a Corvette, I believe, stolen in the early 70's was recovered on a cargo bin getting ready to board a ship. The guy got his car back.

That was either last year or 2007. I remember seeing the story and the pics of the car and of the guy getting it back.

I would definitely look into it. Maybe someone at the insurance company sold the car's title and car to someone after the claim was paid. Thats what happened to me years ago. My car got hit parked in front of my apartment. Insurance co. came out and talked to me the following morning. That afternoon a rollback came and took the car away while I was in class. next day a guy called me from a city 25 miles away asking for the keys as he had bought it and wanted to fix it. This all happened in less than 36 hours from the car getting hit. I would have your dad press to find out if that car was really his.

Users who are viewing this thread