Fiore quadrant spacers and fire wall adjuster?

five 0 ninja

Established Member
How many nylon or plastic spacers should come with the kit? I only received one and it does nothing. The quadrant still slides back and forth on the front shaft and the rear. I read old posts and guys say they leave it like that and when cable is installed it will align itself. But I feel and others say you should buy your own washers and space it properly with a snug fit when pins are reinstalled. Also one other quadrant I looked up comes with 7 washers. Dont know why fiore would only have one?

As far as the fiore/reichard fire wall adjuster, curious as to what I have to modify if anything on my factory cable? I tried looking up old posts but couldn't really find any good info. A lot of people use the mm factory type cable and they say it comes not needing modification to work with the adjuster. My instructions don't really say anything about cutting or modifying cable? Thanks

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Get the instructions for the MM kit - it has been brought up here numerous times. The spacer they included is usless - you need a piece of 1/2" ID heater hose - once again, all that information is in the MM instructions...

black 10th vert

Established Member
You should definitely buy an assortment of nylon spacers, or use heater hose like mentioned. It will not self align, and will result in a snapped cable over time if it isn't properly centered.

five 0 ninja

Established Member
Thanks for the link to those directions. Definitely way better then the ones I have. And that mm quadrant comes with the correct amount of spacers, I don't understand why fiore comes with one? I will see if I have some rubber hose that size, I like that idea, or I will get some washers.

As far as the adjuster, I guess when I was reading about modifying the stock cable they are talking about cutting that plastic mounting piece off. I thought I had to actually cut the cable or something crazy. Sounds like it shouldn't be too bad. Thanks guys.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Just go to NAPA and get a piece of 1/2" ID heater hose. It will slip right over the nipple on the end of the clutch cable flange. You will have to slightly trim the OD for it to fit, but once it slips in, the cable will be perfectly straight.

P1010994.jpg

five 0 ninja

Established Member
I thought you guys were saying to use the 1/2 hose as a spacer for quadrant instead of the nylon washers. But I understand how your using it for the fwa now. Problem is I took mine back out to do this and it's a real pain. First the hose barely fits over the stock cable end. Then even after I shaved a lot off of the o.d. of hose, it still won't fit into adjuster. Did you slide hose over cable end first then push into adjuster, or push hose into adjuster then try and stick cable end in? Also how long did you cut the hose? About a quarter inch to sit nicely on the end of cable clearing the bigger tip, or an inch or two to fit all the way in the adjuster? This all seems very ridiculous that something better was not included with the adjuster just like the proper bushings or washers were not included with quadrant.

five 0 ninja

Established Member
Well I think I had about 2 hours into this freaking fwa and fitting a piece of hose in. Could not fit a full piece in the adjuster and get cable end in. So ended up cutting about 1/4" piece to fit over cable end and after shaving most of the outside away got it to go in to adjuster. And the damn thing still isn't 100 % although much better. I just don't see it holding up to race duty with quick shifts and what not. Seems like there should be something to fasten it in, not just pop in? I think I saw a old thread and it sounded like one brand had an Allen screw to hold it in. Brilliant. Lol

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Well I think I had about 2 hours into this freaking fwa and fitting a piece of hose in. Could not fit a full piece in the adjuster and get cable end in. So ended up cutting about 1/4" piece to fit over cable end and after shaving most of the outside away got it to go in to adjuster. And the damn thing still isn't 100 % although much better. I just don't see it holding up to race duty with quick shifts and what not. Seems like there should be something to fasten it in, not just pop in? I think I saw a old thread and it sounded like one brand had an Allen screw to hold it in. Brilliant. Lol

It isn't rocket science. Look at the MM directions on their site and they will show you exactly how to set it up. You have to use the hose/bushing that is cut down in length so it does not ride up over the flange on the end of the cable housing. I trimmed very little of the OD away and put a dap of grease on it and it popped right in. Look at the pic I posted - the cable is completely straight and fits in nice and snug...

five 0 ninja

Established Member
It isn't rocket science. Look at the MM directions on their site and they will show you exactly how to set it up. You have to use the hose/bushing that is cut down in length so it does not ride up over the flange on the end of the cable housing. I trimmed very little of the OD away and put a dap of grease on it and it popped right in. Look at the pic I posted - the cable is completely straight and fits in nice and snug...

Ok, looks good in pic but if I took a pic of mine it would like pretty good too. Have you ever had someone push the clutch in while you watched the fwa to see if there is movement? Mine moves quite a bit until it is pulled tight. You shouldn't have that movement in a clutch cable. I did e erything per instructions and I cut the hose just like you it sounds like. I

Users who are viewing this thread