firewall adjuster?

trailblazer sss

ford ***** again
Established Member
can someone post a pic of what its suppose to look like cause when i was changing the alt. i noticed my firewall adjuster is'nt connected to the firewall is it suppose to be connected to it or just kinda hang there? ill take a pic an post it in a sec or maybe a video

trailblazer sss

ford ***** again
Established Member
well i guess it wouldnt be the adjuster its the cable end i took a video it just didnt look right when i messed with it thats all..

trailblazer sss

ford ***** again
Established Member
the video is loading now....hey when are you going back to the track? i wanna go try this new cobra out since i never brought my old one to the track.

rudycobra

Established Member
Was thinking bout this Friday but in process of installing subframe connectors now and a friend said they got few peeps goin next Wednesday , so I may just wait till Wednesday .

rudycobra

Established Member
Hard to tel from vid , but there should b a rubber sleeve in there to take up that slack . Can't tell if there is a adjuster on there from vid . Is there a piece that screws in like an adjuster . My adjuster screwed to firewall but the cable just fit in it like yours looks but had a rubber sleeve so was not sloppy like that .

Swervedriver

Established Member
You've got a lot of freeplay at the top of the pedal. Nothing wrong with that as long as it doesn't affect you driving.

I used to clip the cable flange to the adjuster ring but I'd get made fun of.

cobracide

Established Member
These cars need a bit of slack at the top.. about a nickle width for the street. For the track, tighten it up to a dime's thickness for harder shifting and stiffer engagement.

Last edited:

trailblazer sss

ford ***** again
Established Member
yea it does have alot of free play at the top of the pedal..it has a UPR triple hook quad. an suppose to have a firewall adjuster to. also has a spec stage 2+ clutch an flywheel i dont like the way it shifts an i dont like the clutch you push the pedal down 4 or 5 inches or so then it starts to grab but when coming up off the floor with the pedal it doesnt grab for a good 7 inches are so or a little more an the shifter is real notchy i gotta find out which shifter it is...

Users who are viewing this thread