First 1/4 ever... worst nightmare LOL

Dismember

2003 black Terminator
Established Member
Hi guys, Sunday was my first time at track ever(in my life), I was nervous as hell(lol) and all the mistake you can imagine happened to me. I'd start reving at only 2K(to be safe) drop the clutch and then at 4500k the tranny goes on neutral(maybe my 1st gear wasnt properly engaged at the line). So the time i figured it out i stay maybe a big second on neutral. Finally get in 2nd gear Wot it ok shift in 3 rd at 6 k... and wasnt sure where the 1/4 mile mark were(haha) so i may let off 500 feet before the line... well that wasnt the best way to start my track career. I had fun aniway and the feeling was awesome.
And of course I know that it could just be better next time! ahaha im laughing at myself! Goes like this.

reaction: .802
60 ft :2.683
Mph :85.36
1/8 :9.924
Mph :101.05
1/4 :14.666 (lolllllll a civic si time maybe) Well i win this Race at least

After reading a lot of thread here, i have take a lot of notes and tips... next time i will be prepared!

Cheers!:banana:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Yeah, don't sweat it all. The track can be a little tough the first few times.....Lot's going on and lot's to try and think about. You only got in one run?

Dismember

2003 black Terminator
Established Member
Yeah, don't sweat it all. The track can be a little tough the first few times.....Lot's going on and lot's to try and think about. You only got in one run?

Yep only one, at first i was there to be only a spectator and after 1 hour and a half in crowd seat i decided to go on the track! ..and you know the rest! lolllll

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
My first pass down the 1/4 was probably the funniest. More seat time and you'll knock down that ET by a ton. -Mark

S8ER01Z

Established Member
*Not saying you are one of these people at all*

The first track experience has humbled a lot of people who talk smack over the years...

Tunink

Established Member
No worries bro, my first pass in the GTO was a 14.2 @ 101. A combination of heat soak, wheel spin led to the pitiful time.

Now I'm confident I could get a 12.8 out of it stock. :)

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
not a biggie thats what I ran in my cobra the 1st time i took it to the track it was my 1st 5 spd ever next time i went i ran 13.63@ 106.49 with a shitty 60 ft and its still got better times in her

Dismember

2003 black Terminator
Established Member
Ty guys for the encouragement, after reading some drag techniques in the forum i already find 5 or 6 things that i will do differently next time... I know what my car can do, i d prove it a lot of time on the street. Well i do like the track experience and i want some more!

Btw is my reaction time was bad? what you guys has for this number?

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
Reaction time has no bearing unless you are bracket racing or just going heads up. A good reaction time is .000 Hehe, after that it's all realative. To get a good reaction time, start to go on the last amber light. My best is a .004 and I don't race that often.

Sounds like you had a rough first run, good luck next time. :) Relax and don't rush it.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Yeah it takes a while to get used to the track. When I was younger it would take at least a couple of runs to calm down. My left foot would be shaking so bad from adrenaline I didn't have a chance of having a good 60' with it involved. Was on street tires then too. Now though just pull up don't worry at all about the car next to you and just get into your own little world. That way you don't worry about the other car. You'll catch on soon enough.

Dismember

2003 black Terminator
Established Member
Yeah it takes a while to get used to the track. When I was younger it would take at least a couple of runs to calm down. My left foot would be shaking so bad from adrenaline I didn't have a chance of having a good 60' with it involved. Was on street tires then too. Now though just pull up don't worry at all about the car next to you and just get into your own little world. That way you don't worry about the other car. You'll catch on soon enough.

Sound good, i ll take notes!... mmm what kind of tires are you using these days??

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
dont worry about your reaction time, just act like your launching on a backroad late at night with nothing around..helps me out alot..oh and btw my third pass down the track i got a .000r/t:)

Users who are viewing this thread