First 2011 V6 Mustang to Hit 11-Seconds – AmericanMuscle.com!

AMDanBailer

Hey guys,

For those of you who know about our 2011 V6 project, you probably saw us cranking out mid-12 second passes at the end of Stage 4. We’ve had our minds set on hitting the 11-second mark, and I’m excited to say that we finally did it!

Last Friday, we went to Cecil and ran 11.94 @ 115.63 mph with a 1.71 60’ on our first run! We wanted to see just how far we could push this V6, so Mike Wilson pushed the car to a blistering 11.90 @ 116.12 mph with a 1.69 60’, proving to all the haters out there that a V6 can be bad ass! Check it out…
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVFsq5-Ev4c"]First 11-Second 2011 Ford Mustang V6 from AmericanMuscle.com! - YouTube[/nomedia]

We’re really excited how easily this base V6 became a monster and we owe a huge thanks to Mike Wilson and the rest of the crew at Bama Performance for tuning this car to perfection!

I really can’t leak the details just yet, because 5.0 Mustangs & Super Fords magazine is doing an article soon, but I can say we’ve got new drag wheels/tires, a torque converter, more boost and a cooler intake temperatures since you last saw it in Stage 4. If you’ve been following the build up to this point, you know that it took pretty simple bolt-on mods to achieve ridiculous performance! Check out all the installments of our 2011 V6 Project Car here: 2011 V6 Mustang Project Car at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

I think you can probably guess that we’re not done with this thing… we’ll be back at the track soon – going for faster timeslips, as always!

We’ll keep you posted!

Last edited:

stang8psi

Established Member
I am impressed but Not really!!!I mean 10 Grand into a v6 to make it go as fast as $1500.00 in mods to the gt is not that impressive! put that kind of money into any car and it should respectively go that fast..

SicShelby09

Banned
I am impressed but Not really!!!I mean 10 Grand into a v6 to make it go as fast as $1500.00 in mods to the gt is not that impressive! put that kind of money into any car and it should respectively go that fast..

I agree on that one. Lets not forget install and tuning charges for the normal person that does not own a performance shop and dyno or get the parts for cost. Add another $3k to that.

FastRedPonyCar