First attempt at rig shots...

O4COBRA

Established Member
Went out with a buddy of mine last night to take some shots of his GT. So I brought along my rig equipment to finally attempt some rig shots. They aren't as easy to shoot as I thought. I screwed up and didn't clean my lens before shooting and it screwed up a bunch of the pics. So here is what I was able to salvage. Tear em' up because I know they suck. Next time I will do some day time pics and I think that will work a lot better!!

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

O4COBRA

Established Member
Thanks for the nice words guys! They were fun to take. I'll definitely do some more in the near future.

I think they came out great! :rockon:

Where did you get your suction cups?

I got them from Adorama. Whatever you do get the cups with the swivel mount. It will make things a lot easier.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Those are very nice. I'm glad you didn't do any "HDR" stuff to the pics.

O4COBRA

Established Member
Those are very nice. I'm glad you didn't do any "HDR" stuff to the pics.

I know whatcha mean. Seems to be getting a little old. Actually didn't do too much to these. Just cleaned up some speckles from dust on the lens... :nonono:

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
excuse my retardedness, but whats the pole with the suction cups for? Did you mount the camera on it? Pictures came out great by the way.

O4COBRA

Established Member
I have a sonic blue Lightning. At first I was like "Damn, that is an amazing color.....oh, wait" lol

Isn't that car Atlantic Blue?

It's not sonic I know that. Isn't Atlantic a little lighter blue? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say True Blue?

I like em, especially the driving pics.

Thanks!

Both. If I may be so bold.

I use 2 Avenger 1100 suction cups with a stud, 3 Manfrotto super clamps #2915, Manfrotto 244RC Variable Friction Magic Arm w/3299 Quick Release. Then I use, as you can see in the pics, some pipe from Home Depot with quick release clamps. I shoot with a Nikon D90. Basically the shutter speed I just went with what was needed. The key to these shots is you don't have to go fast, go slow. Most people push the car to get it moving and then get out of the way. I had the owner just barely let the clutch out and just coast really slow. In the pics the car doesn't get over a mile an hour. I walked next to the camera waiting to catch it in case it fell.

excuse my retardedness, but whats the pole with the suction cups for? Did you mount the camera on it? Pictures came out great by the way.

Haha. You mount the camera to the pole so that you get the blurry background but the car is in focus. I'll post some pics below for the before and after affect, and show you how it was mounted.

TYC_013.jpg

7.jpg

1-1.jpg

8.jpg

2-1.jpg

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
BAB is the lighter blue, Atlantic was darker like this, and since its a 99 that was an available color. Pics looks great tho man for your first time.

Aereon

Established Member
Damn those turned out good, wish I had the guts to mount my camera like that lol. I'd be too scared of it falling off.

Users who are viewing this thread