First broken C8 vette

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
What a bunch of butt hurt, corona virus harvesting, toilet paper hoarding, window licking, crayon eating infantile pre-pubescent mother****ers.

c8 broke axle while being sprayed. OMG!!!

At least the car made it to the track.

This car; however, never even made it out the dealer lot, baum stalk. Lmao!

Hahahahahaha.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
What a bunch of butt hurt, corona virus harvesting, toilet paper hoarding, window licking, crayon eating infantile pre-pubescent mother****ers.

c8 broke axle while being sprayed. OMG!!!

At least the car made it to the track.

This car; however, never even made it out the dealer lot, baum stalk. Lmao!

Hahahahahaha.

lmao, yup, theres never been any vidoes of a GM product dropping a valve on a test drive or anything

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
How many cobras have broke an axle...

I'm really impressed by the C8. It went 11.5 bone stock. We should really be focusing on how impressive that is.

20 years ago, damn I feel old, I thought 325hp and low 13's in the quarter mile was fast.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
How many cobras have broke an axle

the fact that it broke an axle from a roll is the only thing that has my attention. Like I said, it may still have induced a bunch of wheel hop which would explain it...if not to break one from a second gear roll doesn't bode well

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
How many cobras have broke an axle...

I'm really impressed by the C8. It went 11.5 bone stock. We should really be focusing on how impressive that is.

20 years ago, damn I feel old, I thought 325hp and low 13's in the quarter mile was fast.
Challenger Scat Pack runs 11.7....

Sooo

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
the fact that it broke an axle from a roll is the only thing that has my attention. Like I said, it may still have induced a bunch of wheel hop which would explain it...if not to break one from a second gear roll doesn't bode well

I hear ya. But, let's not forget it was being sprayed and on a prepped surface, which is unforgiving...

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Meanwhile the gt500 is making 900 wheel hp on slicks running 9's stock drivetrain. What a shit box.

tenor.gif

Better for you to talk with your mouth closed, lunger.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Better for you to talk with your mouth closed, lunger.

You think breaking an axle is no big deal on a street tire on a roll, yet the gt500 is stock drive train on 900hp with a tire is fine. The point is your points are random facts that don't matter.

You have said numerous times the 60k base c8 would be a better car. All these minor option c8s are 75k min. GT500 runs 10's stock on street tires and has kept up with GT3 RS on a road course.

How is the c8 better again? Maybe the z06 will be, but not this car. Just admit you're wrong and move on instead of continuing to troll.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You think breaking an axle is no big deal on a street tire on a roll, yet the gt500 is stock drive train on 900hp with a tire is fine. The point is your points are random facts that don't matter.

You have said numerous times the 60k base c8 would be a better car. All these minor option c8s are 75k min. GT500 runs 10's stock on street tires and has kept up with GT3 RS on a road course.

How is the c8 better again? Maybe the z06 will be, but not this car. Just admit you're wrong and move on instead of continuing to troll.

Do you have a fever? I hope you feel better man. Load up on vit C and D.

p.s: that D3 the vitamin, not the man meat.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Thought this was common knowledge by now, but that C8 that broke was being sprayed at the time as well. Besides wheel hop has been a killer for corvettes for a long time. Way worse though with the C6. Usually the rearend housing would sheer off the trans case and almost always take both the rearend and trans with it. A broken axle on a car that was being sprayed is not a big deal.

Watch the TRC video. Driver is a moron. Surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
They have no rear end issues though right? Let's be realistic all these cars will run into issues with the performance they deliver. Hell, there's video of a Demon or HC burning to the ground on the track as well as numerous reported HC fires. Pretty sure there are shattered rear end videos too. I'd take a GT500, C8, Demon or HC myself because the Camaro is ugly as sin. MOST performance cars have an issue or 3 no matter the manufacturer.

Challenger Scat Pack runs 11.7....

Sooo

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Check the latest dragtimes video. He does 11.5 multiple times on the street with two people in the car.

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
Scat 1320 is the only scat doing 11.7 out of the box. consistently. 11.9 in a stone stock scat in mineshaft air with a sticky tire is doable. But thats hero pass stuff.

As for the C8, its impressive sure. Nobody should be mad it at breaking with countless launch control passes and being sprayed. It happens. Happened to the best of all brands. The manual HCs were twisting their drive shafts when you launched hard with a drag radial.

The new vette is impressive. I'd love one.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I see the White Knight has shown up to save his precious Vette and whisk it away to the nearest trailer park for some Skoal swapping love.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread