First Day with Farley as Ford's CEO

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
The amount of available public charging stations is impressive, but the grids ability to power it all is slim at best. Add millions of vehicles to it over the next 10 years? Not without a shit load of new NG power plants or nuke power.

#irememberrollingblackouts
#sanonofrewasimportant

Last edited:

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Add millions of vehicles to it over the next 10 years? Not without a shit load of new NG power plants or nuke power.

#irememberrollingblackouts
#sanonofrewasimportant

How dare you pollute and No 3 mile Island in my backyard. My dad worked for Babcock Willcox during that whole fiasco and that was the main driving force on why he didn't get to retire from there.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
How dare you pollute and No 3 mile Island in my backyard. My dad worked for Babcock Willcox during that whole fiasco and that was the main driving force on why he didn't get to retire from there.

The US would do well to learn from the French method of nuclear plant construction.

IT-Purrrs

Established Member
Additionally, your Torino is absolutely gorgeous!

Thank you! It is an older restoration when I bought it and is holding up nicely after some modifications. I drive it almost every weekend and it is not something that just sits in a garage.

I very much hope we will NOT design and produce products like FCA. I cannot think of a company that has a lineup of older products right now. What I do like of course is adding their Hellcat engine into certain products and making them exciting. Sadly, with upcoming emissions targets and things like that, I do not see much a future with dropping a 700hp in everything.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Thank you! It is an older restoration when I bought it and is holding up nicely after some modifications. I drive it almost every weekend and it is not something that just sits in a garage.

I very much hope we will NOT design and produce products like FCA. I cannot think of a company that has a lineup of older products right now. What I do like of course is adding their Hellcat engine into certain products and making them exciting. Sadly, with upcoming emissions targets and things like that, I do not see much a future with dropping a 700hp in everything.
If you can pass it on to those who can make the decision, we the people just want the option for that 5.0 Coyote in fast cars and trucks. We owners can take care of the rest. :D I'd say the 7.3 Godzilla as well, but even I know that will never trickle down to Mustang or F-150. But it should...

IT-Purrrs

Established Member
If you can pass it on to those who can make the decision, we the people just want the option for that 5.0 Coyote in fast cars and trucks. We owners can take care of the rest. :D I'd say the 7.3 Godzilla as well, but even I know that will never trickle down to Mustang or F-150. But it should...

I so completely wish the 5.0 would be dropped in more vehicles because that is what I want also. I have nothing to do with powertrain design but I can only hope there. I want more enthusiast type vehicles, and thankfully we have the Bronco now, but I think having an actual car guy at the helm will be better for us. Which is pretty much what gave us the Ford GT.

I think our days for those kind of things are VERY limited with the overall fleet emissions coming. We have to make 0 emissions vehicles to get our fleet mileage down but at least we can make a Mustang Mach-E and not a Chevy Volt type Electric vehicle. Even as most people dont like the "Mustang" being used on the Mach-E at least it is a fun product.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I so completely wish the 5.0 would be dropped in more vehicles because that is what I want also. I have nothing to do with powertrain design but I can only hope there. I want more enthusiast type vehicles, and thankfully we have the Bronco now, but I think having an actual car guy at the helm will be better for us. Which is pretty much what gave us the Ford GT.

I think our days for those kind of things are VERY limited with the overall fleet emissions coming. We have to make 0 emissions vehicles to get our fleet mileage down but at least we can make a Mustang Mach-E and not a Chevy Volt type Electric vehicle. Even as most people dont like the "Mustang" being used on the Mach-E at least it is a fun product.
Id say that this is a PERFECT time to bring back the Galaxie brand. While Ill never be in the market for an all electric vehicle, I understand why its got to be explored. I just dont want the guys that want a V8 like me to get pushed aside for no reason.

Electric Transit? Absolutely
Electric small car? Absolutely
Electric full size (Galaxie)? Absolutely

Then that should offset a 7.3 Raptor lmao

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Id say that this is a PERFECT time to bring back the Galaxie brand. While Ill never be in the market for an all electric vehicle, I understand why its got to be explored. I just dont want the guys that want a V8 like me to get pushed aside for no reason.

Electric Transit? Absolutely
Electric small car? Absolutely
Electric full size (Galaxie)? Absolutely

Then that should offset a 7.3 Raptor lmao

Except I think Ford let the Galaxie slip and so no longer have the rights to the name, points to the Galaxie smart phone/ watch. Sort of like with Futura whwere again Pep boys brought suit and so Ford had to change the name to Fusion for their new mid size car.

IT-Purrrs

Established Member
I do not disagree with you at all. I really hated the whole, "We are a car company that doesn't make cars," decision that Hackett made. Sadly, some of his people are still in place that believe in that kind of crap and having an electric "car," will never please upper management because it is all about the numbers. I want a full size full electric Ford and Lincoln but those kinds of products will probably not get the green light.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
When I was a kid, my older brother bought a '70 Torino 429cj. It was in terrible shape. Hard to believe that it could get in as bad of shape as it was in 4 short years. He put a lot of work into it and painted it a deep dark green, think Bullitt mustang color. Baby moons (it was the 70's, what can I say) and glass packs. My brother always said it would pass anything but a gas station.

When I saw your car, it brought back a lot of memories. Very nice.
View attachment 1666304

This is the design courtyard turntable where every Ford vehicle in NA since 1955 has been designed and where the clay models of the design themes are reviewed. Behind it is the design showroom which shares the same history. All of the finished models are brought into the showroom to show upper management or for media reviews.

View attachment 1666305

View attachment 1666306

View attachment 1666307

Here is also the design studio that, from my knowledge, this vehicle was developed and designed in. In the early 60's this is also the studio where the very first models of the Mustang were reviewed, chosen, and developed. This studio will sadly be coming down also but I have been lucky to have worked in it.

Signatures are for pus... oh, wait...

Users who are viewing this thread