First eaton to make 600 horse power.

GraphicNature

Viewer Discretion Advised
Established Member
It can be done... but not on the stock engine. You would need better designed cams and higher compression. That is why its never been done its a lot easier just to bolt up a bigger blower. That car is not making 600rwhp.

my92gt

Established Member
I truly beleive that a fully built teksid, ported heads, blower cams, ported blower, fuel system, and all the expensive bolt ons it will go near 600...

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I truly beleive that a fully built teksid, ported heads, blower cams, ported blower, fuel system, and all the expensive bolt ons it will go near 600...

Someone had a fully built stroker motor with a ported eaton. The motor was breathing so well that even with a 2.65 upper & 8lb lower he was only seeing like 11psi. Forgot how much power he was making but it definitely wasn't 600rwhp.

Black Sex

Established Member
^ And fist pumping
Not a chance....maybe 475. 600hp it would blow ligth those tires up right away, even rolling into the throttle. BTW those wheels are awful on that car.

GraphicNature

Viewer Discretion Advised
Established Member
Someone had a fully built stroker motor with a ported eaton. The motor was breathing so well that even with a 2.65 upper & 8lb lower he was only seeing like 11psi. Forgot how much power he was making but it definitely wasn't 600rwhp.

Yeah once you go to bigger cubes the boost drops. Then, in turn, you have to spin it higher to make more boost. Your limited on a roots because you can only, safely, spin it to xxxxx rpm. That is why it would take really good compression and really good cams on a smaller cube motor.

xenodragon

Established Member
I dont really trust dyno's anymore...i raced a similar modded Cobra making "520rwhp" with a port, and I pulled on him by 1 car and stayed there up through 130ish. My car is making "500hp" I just dont trust dyno numbers anymore. I have been to 4 different dynos with the same mods, and my HP ranged from 485 - 520. I went on the low side and just said 500.

NateV8

Established Member
That car is definitely not making near 600rwhp. But I do think it is possible with a ported Eaton. I want to try it with my car. Stage 3 cams, longtubes & full exhaust (catless), 2.76" upper, 6lb lower, E85. Someone on this forum with my setup made 575rwhp on 93 so I think 25 more HP is possible on E85.

Users who are viewing this thread