First Glimpse of the GT 500. It's Red.

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
The new SVT Mustang is going to get a lot more looks than any of the SN9x's ever did (well except for maybe the 2000 R).

I like the retro, but still modern look. It's a lot better than the nearly 20 year old body the Cobra is clad in now.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Whitten said:
Ok I am about to suffer from an Anureism over here. I have to...I NEED TO SEE PICS NOW!!!!!. I am so glad that I held off from buying an F-body. I am going to own that car...come hell or high water.

Is anyone else seriously finding it hard to sleep. I am. I tossed and turned last night just thinking about the car.

Me too! Wife is about to kill me.....

HEY did you guys look at where Shelby is resting his left hand? Did you notice the shadow of the bulge in the hood? Looks like a 2-3" rise running from front to back along the middle third of the hood. I noticed this earlier, but no one commented on it as of yet, so I wanted to point it out in case any of you missed it. Now I really won't sleep!

03LGCOBRA

Established Member
You guys might be over looking something. This article said nothing about horsepower! It talked about body apperance. And for 40 grand, I don't think it will have anything more than a beefed up 4.6 3v. I think it will be like the Mach 1s. Shelby has a way of putting a mark up on just his name. I think it's 40 grand for a bagde and racing strips on a regualr GT. The math just doesn't add up. Or maybe i'm wrong we shall see in a few days.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
03LGCOBRA said:
You guys might be over looking something. This article said nothing about horsepower! It talked about body apperance. And for 40 grand, I don't think it will have anything more than a beefed up 4.6 3v. I think it will be like the Mach 1s. Shelby has a way of putting a mark up on just his name. I think it's 40 grand for a bagde and racing strips on a regualr GT. The math just doesn't add up. Or maybe i'm wrong we shall see in a few days.

It's a 5.4 4v Twin screw 8 lbs of boost!

Tim

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
03LGCOBRA said:

Sometimes I think I'm posting into thin air. I said that 2 hours before this post and immediately above it??????????????

However I think we may be right. The Shelby sticker and tape job. That makes PLENTY of sense for it coming in at under $40K, SC 5.4L 3V.

03SVTF

@10psi
Established Member
Evil_Merlin said:
Actually, taking a closer look at that red car with white stripes...

It may not be the GT500... It may be just a GT with white stripes... Look at the mirror, it's black.

the original gt500's had black mirrors - they weren't body color

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
03LGCOBRA said:
Where does it say that? Have you seen something more offical or did a very secret source tell you that. We will see in a few days!
You know now!

Maybe my last name is FORD! LOL J/K Trust me! Do you know how bad it will be for me if the stuff I posted is wrong. You guys will run me right off this board. I've been here longer than 90% of you! I'm not messing with you guys! I love the new car. FORD did it right! If you guys at Ford are reading this and I know you do! GREAT JOB!

Tim :bowdown:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread