Dave_6

Established Member
The more I see of the '15s the more I want one. So glad they finally decided to put paddle shifters in them! Thanks for the write up and impressions Steve!

Jarrod@Latemodel

Established Member
yep the wife was actually the one that convinced me to roll with the 2015. I was holding out for the right 07-09 GT500, but this car just has so much to offer. We're going with a 5.0 as well, Guard Metallic. Our biggest ordeal is which wheels to get.

I think I'm going with comp orange. I want another white one, but I cant pass up that orange.

stylin99

Established Member
It's only a matter of time before you see an Ecoboost 2.3 running 10's down the strip in street trim. Good write-up Steve.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I think I'm going with comp orange. I want another white one, but I cant pass up that orange.

Absolutely. Comp Orange was what drew Tiffany in, she's always wanted a Comp Orange Terminator. I think I was the one that convinced her to go with Guard lol.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
How quickly does the auto shift with the paddles? Is it rather fast or painfully slow like the sport-shift in my wife's 2010 Milan?

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I wish I could get the EcoBoost PP wheels on the GT, those are my favorites. But I'm just gonna let the wife pick, because I'll end up putting SVE Big & Littles on it for my weekend driving anyway lol.

I know there are alot of people complaining about being stuck with black wheels with the Performance Package, but that option is for track use. If you're truly gonna use it on the track, then the black wheels will hide brake dust better.

95+% of the cars will never see a road racing track, and racers do not care about hiding brake dust.

Jarrod@Latemodel

Established Member
Absolutely. Comp Orange was what drew Tiffany in, she's always wanted a Comp Orange Terminator. I think I was the one that convinced her to go with Guard lol.

I'm not a huge fan of the guard. Green is a no go. I might change my mind once I see it in person though.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Cannot believe this late, that there are no official numbers and only preproduction cars. 2015 cars will be out in a few months, there shouldn't be so many unknowns with this vehicle. Should already be comparison tests between it and the Camaro/Challengers. Unless maybe it isn't that good?

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
Cannot believe this late, that there are no official numbers and only preproduction cars. 2015 cars will be out in a few months, there shouldn't be so many unknowns with this vehicle. Should already be comparison tests between it and the Camaro/Challengers. Unless maybe it isn't that good?

or maybe it's even better than anybody expected and they're gonna drop the BOMB!

mushroomcloud.jpg

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

I doubt all the details and specs of the car are 100% set yet.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
or maybe ford doesn't want to just release numbers because they are just that, numbers... and their engineers put more into the cars than the numbers it produces.

p.s.

i would still like the performance figures, but i can understand why ford may be late in the game of releasing specs.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
For the love of God...is there a journalist alive that can look just that much harder at what lies beneath and see if this is getting a one piece or a two piece driveshaft?

Steve, please be the first to report it.

:)

EditorTurner

Established Member
I failed you by not crawling under the car, Tob. However, I doubt it has the one-piece carbon shaft you are hoping for. ;-)

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Fail? Impossible. When others merely scratched the surface you dove down to retrieve the tech they felt didn't matter or that their readers wouldn't comprehend. The S197 powertrain and suspension articles that you and Wilson did on the GT500, Boss, etc, raised the bar to new heights. I expect nothing less this time around.:)

My sense is that with a similar wheelbase to the S197 that the S550 will still utilize a two piece on the 4, 6, and the eight in the GT. Depending on how far Ford went to trim fat, I could see aluminum in place of steel. As for CF...my guess is that it'll rear its head in form of a one piece on the Top Dog '16 model.

Anyway, looking forward to the details finally being given the green light and reading your thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread