First kill

filofthephuture

Established Member
Since I got my stang this past summer, I've been seeing this guy around town in a 335i coupe with M-sport package almost weekly. I talked to him the first time I saw him; just making small talk I asked if he'd done anything to it, he said yeah but he wouldn't say what he had done. Then he looked at my car and said “those are kind of quick, I guess...ehh just a mustang though", which kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

Every time I've seen him has been in moderate to heavy traffic until a couple days ago when I was going down a empty Mexican high way and saw him running me down in my rear view mirror. He rolls up next to me and we slow to about 40, I give him the hit and I get excited and put my foot to the floor and spin all the way through second, he pulls a little more than 1/2 a car on me, then going into third I hook and immediately made up the gap then pull probably about a car and a half on him before I shut it down around 110.

The look on his face afterwards was priceless. Also, sorry if there's a wall of text or messed up formatting, typed this up on mobile.

bokyo1987

Established Member
Good kill, OP. He shouldn't be so condescending as I'm pretty sure that the 335i is slower than a 5.0 at the strip and around the track stock for stock.

Speedboosted

Established Member
Well done! Beating ignorant/stuck up people is always the best thing in racing

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
I'm sure somebody will show up and tell you how much better the BMW interior is vs a mustang :rollseyes Good kill either way :rockon:

OneSlowV

Established Member
Good kill! Those 335s have some get up and go once you tune them. Only problem is most of them can't stay running ;)

filofthephuture

Established Member
Thanks guys, I did get the nicer interior comment from a buddy, but I was too excited about the kill in my basically stock coyote to care!

Hopefully I'll have some go-fast parts here in a month or so

Users who are viewing this thread