First mod, in place!

f4sfed

Established Member
HEY! My first mod is in place! Check my sig. :rolling:

I know it's not much, but I gotta start somewhere...PLUS the UPR CAI hasn't arrived yet. ;-)

i8u

Established Member
Cool. Are you still going to get a catback? If so....Anychance I could hear it in person?:beer:

f4sfed

Established Member
Most definitely! However, when I do the exhaust, I'd like to do the whole thing. Long tubes, H-pipe (w/ cats) and cat-back. And since the K-member should come off to ease the LT install, I might as well install the Griggs racing K-member and control arms. As a side bene, that should save over 70 pounds from what I hear. So it may be a while before I end up doin' an exhaust mod.

I still have the UPR CAI and black bumper letters to do. After that, I'll probably have the Maximum Motorsports Full Length sub-frame connectors installed. Then? I wait..... :)

i8u

Established Member
I hear ya. I sold my 98 blown cobra with BBK longtubes and h-pipe with cats still on it. Wish I had taken the time to take them off .:bash:

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by StreetSnake
i8u what would you have done with them ? they sure wouldnt fit the 03:beer:

What makes you think that. I know they changed one of the flanges on the collectors but I also had the matching h-pipe. I'll I'd need is a catback kit designed for the IRS. Please enlighten me why they wouldn't work. I figured they would bold right up to the 03's stock catback if I really wanted to.:??: Thanks.:beer:

StreetSnake

Established Member
Sorry i8u thought you were talking about the whole system and the first thing that came to mind was the IRS, now you have me wondering whether or not L/Ts and an H pipe of a 98 would fit an 03:beer:

coleman

Established Member
so, where's a dual 3" system w/ L/T headers?
if i'm going to pay a fortune for this, might as well be a complete 3" system, cuz I want all the HP/TQ i can get -- and still be my daily driver...

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by StreetSnake
Sorry i8u thought you were talking about the whole system and the first thing that came to mind was the IRS, now you have me wondering whether or not L/Ts and an H pipe of a 98 would fit an 03:beer:

I'm willing to bet they would. Most manufactures say they won't so they can charge more for the newer models.

I wish someone could prove me wrong.....It would make me feel better about not saving them.:bash: :beer:

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by coleman
so, where's a dual 3" system w/ L/T headers?
if i'm going to pay a fortune for this, might as well be a complete 3" system, cuz I want all the HP/TQ i can get -- and still be my daily driver...

www.CJponyparts.com

sells a mac HTS 3 inch catback for 389.95

:beer:

f4sfed

Established Member
I keep hearing that Basanni is coming out with something, but I think they've changed their setup to medium length tubes. I might be up for that, if they can show equal (or better) HP / TQ numbers when compared to the L/T's.

In either case, Basanni is what I'm waiting for. Well THAT and the money to do all the exhaust and K-member stuff at the same time. :shrug:

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by f4sfed
I keep hearing that Basanni is coming out with something, but I think they've changed their setup to medium length tubes. I might be up for that, if they can show equal (or better) HP / TQ numbers when compared to the L/T's.

In either case, Basanni is what I'm waiting for. Well THAT and the money to do all the exhaust and K-member stuff at the same time. :shrug:

Bassani speciffically designed for the 03= Premium price

:eek:

f4sfed

Established Member
Yea, I know. But it should ROCK! If not, I might be able to make someone a great deal on a slightly used Basanni exhaust system for an '03 Cobra. ;)

Seriously...I've got time to wait for them to 1) do it right, and 2) see how it performs BEFORE I buy it.

You still plannin' on bein' at WalMart this Friday? So far, so good for me.

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by f4sfed

You still plannin' on bein' at WalMart this Friday? So far, so good for me.

What time ya going to be up there?

i8u

Established Member
anytime after 6....asuming my plans don't change.

My girlfriend is offering here services if your interested.

I'll send you a PM with her email if your interested.
See ya around.

i8u

Established Member
f4sfed,

Go drive your car tonight, No humidity and 60 degrees. It felt like a different car. I was shocked.:beer:

MoPony

Established Member
Hey guys when you get there enter the the parking lot by the
Hardies go straight up and behind the buildings good parking stops .Hope to see you there

Frank

Users who are viewing this thread