First Mod??

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
It should not void the warranty becuase you can't tell the difference between a FTVB and a Stock VB just by looking at them. It is a simple bolt on that takes about 2 hrs from start to finish. It is very easy to do and worth every penny.

If you are patient a used one will pop up forsale every now and then. Or you can pay the $200 from a vendor.

Andre

Autobahn Dept.
Established Member
My first "mod" was for my ears.... Cat Back !
Just gains in smile :D

Congrats to your Lightning and welcome :rockon:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
unclesams_svt said:
It should not void the warranty becuase you can't tell the difference between a FTVB and a Stock VB just by looking at them. It is a simple bolt on that takes about 2 hrs from start to finish. It is very easy to do and worth every penny.

If you are patient a used one will pop up forsale every now and then. Or you can pay the $200 from a vendor.

2 hours??? How many beer breaks did you take while installing it?

XxsvtkidxX

Established Member
can someone send me a PM with a link were i can get a FTVB?? thanks guys! i hope either chirping second or loosing traction is worth that...i say i'd love to be like ya i chirp 2nd on a automatic truck...:lol:...thanks :cheers:

tharsis

Established Member
XxsvtkidxX said:
can someone send me a PM with a link were i can get a FTVB?? thanks guys! i hope either chirping second or loosing traction is worth that...i say i'd love to be like ya i chirp 2nd on a automatic truck...:lol:...thanks :cheers:

pm me a link too, and also is it hard to do? what does it require doing? what exactly is it?

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
It's very easy, but can be messy to install. All you need is a large drain bucket/pan that is capable of holding at least 10 quarts of fluid. A descent jack and jack stands that can support the weight of the truck of course. 7-10 quarts of Mercon III tranny fluid, a inch pound torque wrench, a 10mm socket and socket wrench and an 8mm socket.
If you take it slow when your taking the pan down, you can get it done without spilling a drop ;-) Ir if you decide to get a 4x4 pan, you can just pop a hole in the stock pan with a punch and let it drain out before taking it off.
Once the pan's off, you just unbolt the valve body and torque the new one into place. Put the pan back on, refill with MERCON III and your done.
My first one took me about an hour and a half but I used the factory pan again and took it real slow so as not to spill that messy crap all over my garage.
If your punching the hole, I'd say it will take an hour, tops.
Definitely should be the first mod you do. Well worth the money and better for the overall life of the tranny too.

Users who are viewing this thread