First Mods here (Pics), Lots more on the way

500 Blue

Established Member
Well I have been bit by the bug BIG time. The list is long and only a few parts have arrived but I can not take it anymore, heh.

I have recently got my Radiator support cover and Strut tower brace back from the painters. As you can see in the picture I got a pair of MRT hood struts that are in the finishing process of getting painted Vista to match my other parts.

Picture023-1.gif

Picture009.gif

Picture012-1.gif

Also I order a pair of clear turn signals with stealth bulbs from stangmods. I had them on my Roush and really enjoyed them. I have not had a chance to install these yet.

Picture004-2.gif

As many of you know I have also ordered a set of KR mufflers that arrived damaged. To my pleasant surprise I found the tracking number today to another set that is on its way to me as a replacement.

Picture022-1.gif

To go with these I have ordered an H pipe which has not made it to my door yet. I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger this week on a set of Shelby Razors I have been drooling over since before I owned the car (Which was only about 3 weeks ago, lol). I ordered a set of 20" Chrome Razors with Toyo Proxes 4 tires. These should be here Thursday or Friday.

I think I am going to wait until I get my H pipe before installing the new mufflers. As the car is stock BUT does have a custom tune that was not done locally. I think I am going to do a quick dyno pull after install my exhaust parts to ensure safe A/F ratios.

I also have a dash plaque and passenger Air bag cover waiting at the CSCF to be signed by the man himself.

I got in the mail today my cool Certs I'm looking forward to use at car shows.

Picture010-1.gif

Picture011.gif

I also pick up a Nice tool set as well. Since you won't be able to find these very soon I actually picked up two tool sets.

Picture014.gif

Picture010-2.gif

I have probably forgot about something but that will do for now. I will update this post as my parts arrive and get installed. Thanks for everyone here for answering all my annoying questions I have had and helping buy this awesome machine.

Picture092.gif

Diggie

Established Member
WOW--you've been busy! Everything looks great--especially the color matching!

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
looking good, this would be a good match up for the covers tucker is offering for the engine bay and extensions. looking good:beer:

500 Blue

Established Member
All looks great. Did you go with the 295/35 for the rear??

No, as suggested by Tim from the company I went with a 295/30 for the rear. He says it will be a perfect fit, I hope so. They will be here Friday so we will see. :banana:

500 Blue

Established Member
Razors are on!

Well my Razors showed up Friday afternoon and I had them installed at my local ford dealer. They did a great job. They used an actual Torque wrench to tighten the lugs down, checking several times. He told me he torqued each lug 3 times. I watched him pull all the brake caliper retainer clips off the car as well (some of the hubs had 2-3 clips each). The funny thing is he did NOT program the new TPMS sensors that were in the tires. He showed me in the ford manual stating they do not need setting/resetting unless the car has different pressures front and rear like the F series. I would not have believed it if he didn't let me read his manual. He said if the TPMS light comes on or if I have any problems bring it down and he will program them. Not too bad for $15 huh?

After all this I still get a slight wheel shake about about 55-65 MPH. The tires showed up mounted and balanced, I think I'm going to have them rebalanced on Monday to see the outcome. I also have a set of hubcentric rings if needed. I went with 20x9 Chrome SHELBY Razor wheels with P255/35R20 Front and P295/30R20 Rear with Toyo Proxes 4 tires with new TPMS sensors installed. I used 24mm offset up front and a 40mm offset in the rear to "tuck" the tire in. Thanks for all the help on these cobra1718!

Picture025-1.gif

Picture028-2.gif

Picture016-2.gif

Picture030-1.gif

Picture031.gif

Picture056-2.gif

I also purchased some MRT hood struts and had them painted to match the car. I put the bottom brackets on the wrong place so it took a little time to put these on correctly and figure out what I had done wrong. I think they came out well. Please so do not mind the dirty car. The dirt/water spots were invisible at dusk when the pictures were taken. Please be assured it will be nice and clean tomorrow.

Picture033-1.gif

Picture036.gif

From the direction of another forum's member I created a nice little power plug cover. It was pretty fun and inexpensive to make.

I am still waiting on my Shelby Dash plaque as well as a passenger Air bag cover to get signed by Mr. Shelby. I have a few other dress up odds and ends on the way. More too come. Thanks for reading.........

Picture043-1.gif

Last edited:

rdsnk46

Established Member
I love color matched cowl panel and the wheels but tire size is an important decision that most have trouble with. To me it seems the front and rear tires side wall is not porportionate to the wheel diameter, which makes them look to small for the car. A spring set might help some but with a 20in. wheel on a Shelby the road feel is greatly amplified due to the small profile and leaves an undesired feedback/ride IMO!

500 Blue

Established Member
I love color matched cowl panel and the wheels but tire size is an important decision that most have trouble with. To me it seems the front and rear tires side wall is not porportionate to the wheel diameter, which makes them look to small for the car. A spring set might help some but with a 20in. wheel on a Shelby the road feel is greatly amplified due to the small profile and leaves an undesired feedback/ride IMO!

With the other wheels off the tires were actually taller then stock. However you are correct the look smaller due to the wheel size. I don't see it as a problem but an opportunity to convince the wife that some lowering springs are in order and should be purchased promptly! :rolling:

cobra1718

Established Member
Well my Razors showed up Friday afternoon and I had them installed at my local ford dealer. They did a great job. They used an actual Torque wrench to tighten the lugs down, checking several times. He told me he torqued each lug 3 times. I watched him pull all the brake caliper retainer clips off the car as well (some of the hubs had 2-3 clips each). The funny thing is he did NOT program the new TPMS sensors that were in the tires. He showed me in the ford manual stating they do not need setting/resetting unless the car has different pressures front and rear like the F series. I would not have believed it if he didn't let me read his manual. He said if the TPMS light comes on or if I have any problems bring it down and he will program them. Not too bad for $15 huh?

After all this I still get a slight wheel shake about about 55-65 MPH. The tires showed up mounted and balanced, I think I'm going to have them rebalanced on Monday to see the outcome. I also have a set of hubcentric rings if needed. I went with 20x9 Chrome SHELBY Razor wheels with P255/35R20 Front and P295/30R20 Rear with Toyo Proxes 4 tires with new TPMS sensors installed. I used 24mm offset up front and a 40mm offset in the rear to "tuck" the tire in. Thanks for all the help on these cobra1718!
your welcome man. I do suggest some lowering springs to eliminate that wheel gap. It will look mean as hell. Congrats on all the new parts:thumbsup:

rdsnk46

Established Member
With the other wheels off the tires were actually taller then stock. However you are correct the look smaller due to the wheel size. I don't see it as a problem but an opportunity to convince the wife that some lowering springs are in order and should be purchased promptly! :rolling:

Before I bought my GT500 I was able to test drive a used 07 the had Razors on it and I had also drivenn a GT500 with the stock wheels. The sensation from the 20's with the small profile was not my idea on a nice ride, you'd think with a bigger wheel handling would increase but profile size has alot to do with it. Also running two different profile sizes make it hard to get the even or raked look when lowered. Dont get me wrong your car is sweet and looks beautiful but the little stuff really makes the car stand out from others!:beer:

500 Blue

Established Member
Before I bought my GT500 I was able to test drive a used 07 the had Razors on it and I had also drivenn a GT500 with the stock wheels. The sensation from the 20's with the small profile was not my idea on a nice ride, you'd think with a bigger wheel handling would increase but profile size has alot to do with it. Also running two different profile sizes make it hard to get the even or raked look when lowered. Dont get me wrong your car is sweet and looks beautiful but the little stuff really makes the car stand out from others!:beer:

The drive is a little more ruff then OEM but still pretty smooth. This car is NOT a daily driver so its no biggie, I am most likely going to try a rebalance and the rings to see where that puts me. I guess you are against the 20" wheels is where your going with the raked comments, lol.

Anyways cobra1718 has pretty much the same setup and his car is lowered and is pure sex in my opinion. I think I am going with the Steeda springs lowering the car 1.2" front and 1.5" rear and an adj panhard bar.

However these will have to wait a little bit as I still have exhaust parts on order and am looking forward to getting my H-pipe to go with the KRs I have yet to install.

rdsnk46

Established Member
No man, not my intent at all. I have 20's for my car but I went with a 265/35/20 up front and a 305/35/20 in the rear. The bigger tire up front dampens, the what I like to call "skateboard effect"( tremendous road vibe) from lack of side wall. I have the Nitto 305/35/20 DR's in the rear. I was just giving insight to my opinion thats all! Carry on!

997156[/ATTACH]"]
Dnyoandnewwheelspics047.jpg

Attachments

• Dnyoandnewwheelspics047.jpg
    Dnyoandnewwheelspics047.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

rdsnk46

Established Member
Here is a pic of the front!
997158[/ATTACH]"]
Dnyoandnewwheelspics040.jpg

I personally like a little bit of a bigger tire as to retain some of the factory ride.

Attachments

• Dnyoandnewwheelspics040.jpg
    Dnyoandnewwheelspics040.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 63

Users who are viewing this thread