First pass with the th400

badboysbailagnt

Established Member
Went to the local 8th mile track with the cobra. It pulled alot harder than it ever did with the 6 speed.I never could shift it at the track. The car made 607rwhp through the th400 and 535 torque. This is with a 2.6kb 19psi,factory manifolds, sra, 3.73's full weight other than the sra, factory shocks, team z double adjustable lca, upr uppers with eibach sportline springs with 1/2 coil cut out of the back and 335/35/17 hoosiers on 10.5 afs wheels and factory front wheels. So the suspension not at all setup for drag racing.This is with the fuel 4% richer than when it got tuned just becasue i didint want to push it to hard. This is leaving on the trans brake at 3000 rpm and it dead stuck.
Times
60ft 1.53
330 4.51
1/8th 6.95
mph 100
Video of mine starts at 52 seconds along with some of fastlane motorsports fastest cars.
Dunn Benson Drag Strip 5-10-12 - YouTube
This is the car with that suspension
cobra.jpg

Now im going to work toward 6.50's

Last edited:

theunseenclass

Get that shit outa here
Established Member
Pretty good, It just seems to me that the dyno might have been a little happy to give you over 600rwhp through an auto and only trap 100 in the 1/8th. Either way, she rips

badboysbailagnt

Established Member
Pretty good, It just seems to me that the dyno might have been a little happy to give you over 600rwhp through an auto and only trap 100 in the 1/8th. Either way, she rips

I thought it was a little high to, it pulled 644 on the same dyno through the 6speed. Maybe me making it richer brought the power down a little thats why it only did 100

Last edited:

theunseenclass

Get that shit outa here
Established Member
As we all know the dyno is just a tool but its cool to have a big # anyway :banana: lol. Hooks hard for only having a mild setup suspension too. I bet that car would really shine on the back half.

badboysbailagnt

Established Member
Just curious but why go thru all the trouble of putting in a trans braked th400 and not setup the suspension for the track?

Got a sweet deal on it. Im going to order all the suspension components in the next couple weeks. I just need to get with my tuner and see what kit they recommend that will work best with a turbo since I may do that this winter.

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
Yes, plenty more left in your car. My 2.2 Kb car with the 6 speed did low 1.6x's and 7.0@100 in the 1/8th.

You dial the suspension in, and you'll be rolling out. Keep us posted!

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Nice times! Not sure why the hate though, it's the first time you took the car out with this setup and it ran faster than 90% of 03/04 cobras at the track. It's not even dialed in or really much effort to use everything you have, just shows that with some good parts it's not difficult to run a great time with ease, that i'm sure could be replicated over and over.

What cooling mods do you have on the car?

Users who are viewing this thread