First test drive going to be long, wifes up for it, Route Ideas?

fearthesnake

Established Member
Going to pick up car at end of month and would like to not take freeway home. Myrtle Beach SC to Boise ID. I have never been east of Tennessee and really not explored any roads twisty from Colorado east. A cross country drive, 2300 to 3000 miles in under 5 days in a new GT500 CFTP and no freeway. What roads back east are fun, fast, and curvy?
I live in S.C. and have driven west to Colorado several times.

Prettiest drive is thru the Blue Ridge parkway, N.C from Asheville to Tenn up to Kentucky. Beautiful country and may I suggest stop for a Bourbon tour while in Kentucky.

Driven both routes from Mizzou,Kansas, Colo and southern route Texas, Okla,N.M and neither were much to look at imo. It was kinda cool watching the terrain in Kansas change across the State.

Someone mentioned Dakotas(Badlands), etc.. which may be a cool route and if you go through Kentucky, Southern Illinois may be the best way to go.

Have fun and take some good pics along the way.

Saleenrose

Established Member
Have trailer, did that with 350, want to drive this time.

Attachments

• IMG_3030.jpg
    IMG_3030.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 146

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
As stated by others, avoid I10 through Louisiana, especially the swamps. You get trapped on that bridge and can sit for HOURS if there is a wreck in front of you and the road absolutely SUCKS. It is horribly rough.

Tom

Saleenrose

Established Member
Was not planning on traveling that far south, would love to stay off interstates all together. I will see how the first couple of days travel goes. Time will tell travel speed. Thanx for road report.
Brent

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I live in S.C. and have driven west to Colorado several times.

Prettiest drive is thru the Blue Ridge parkway, N.C from Asheville to Tenn up to Kentucky. Beautiful country and may I suggest stop for a Bourbon tour while in Kentucky.

Driven both routes from Mizzou,Kansas, Colo and southern route Texas, Okla,N.M and neither were much to look at imo. It was kinda cool watching the terrain in Kansas change across the State.

Someone mentioned Dakotas(Badlands), etc.. which may be a cool route and if you go through Kentucky, Southern Illinois may be the best way to go.

Have fun and take some good pics along the way.

I can agree with this! North Carolina to Tennessee is BEAUTIFUL! Also it’s Sturgis time of year, South Dakota is beautiful with the side loop through keystone and Mt Rushmore. If you pass through Billings Mt then stop and say hi

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread