First time at the track

CobraSvt9746

Another 1 Bites The Dust
Established Member
definitely invest in some e/t streets then cause damn!

it all in the 60ft

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
if your on street tires, lower the rears to like 25 psi, and up the psi in the fronts to like 35 or 40(less rolling resistance) Then, feather the clutch a little more and the 60 will drop to like a 2.0. trap should be at low 14's high 13's. what size tires are you running? im guessing a 245/45?

SVTINBLAK

Established Member
Congats on your first run! I bet it was a blast...anyway...you said you have a 95 Cobra I think.I would run 8.9's in the 1/8 all day long.That was with 3:73's/full exaust/cold air and drag radials lowered to about 16psi.Seems like I also had about a 1.9 60ft time usually.

SpyStang95

Established Member
well, i was hoping for mid 14's being that i dont have dr's and i think the stock air box is a bit restrictive too, i wasnt expecting much.

CobraSvt9746

Another 1 Bites The Dust
Established Member
why were you expecting those horrible times when you have h/c/i

something isn't adding up........even if it was your first time out

SpyStang95

Established Member
well, friend of mine ran a 15 flat with cam, cai, lt, off road x, cat back, and 3.73. he ran a 14.7 with some dr's. I think the altitude, and lack of tune account for a lot of the slower times. Word around here is subtract a full second for the equivelent of a run down at sea level.

lone sailor

Established Member
It seems your e/t mph isn't that bad, but I was thinking around 101-102, but the e/t is imo 6-8 tenths off as is. Just putting a cai on the car will wake it up a bit. Those high air pressures in the rear tires aren't going to help you get traction. As I recommended previously, dropping the air pressure in the tires will give you your best chance for traction out of the hole on street tires. As time goes on and the more practice you get the better you'll be and you'll have more confidence. If you could get get your 60' times down to 2.0 on street tires then you'll be doing real good. :rockon:

lone sailor

Established Member
SpyStang95 said:
well, friend of mine ran a 15 flat with cam, cai, lt, off road x, cat back, and 3.73. he ran a 14.7 with some dr's. I think the altitude, and lack of tune account for a lot of the slower times. Word around here is subtract a full second for the equivelent of a run down at sea level.

There is actually a conversion chart that some people use to do the sea level corrections for their quarter mile times. I'll see if I still have the link.

lone sailor

Established Member
CobraSvt9746 said:
hey lone sailor what is our elevation

Depends on where exactly you are in St. Louis. Looks like dead center STL, which is a few blocks from Busch Stadium is 462.

David Munoz

Established Member
So who won? You are right on the air intake, you need a smoother entry and a big air filter. I would not get a tune yet until you get closer to where you want the car to end up. If you get DR's, get the 315's. I could not get her to hook on the 275's. Congratulations!

SpyStang95

Established Member
Well, first run one of the other cobras beat me by one/hundredth of a second. I know a win is a win, but damn. But the second time my et dropped as well as my ranking, both other cobras got me the second time. But all 3 times i took the 96 GT, he ran consistant 15.7.
Oh by the way, Lone sailor, did you find that conversion chart. Im curious as to what it will say i run at sea level. If you can find it that would be cool. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread