First time Mustang owner - '03 Cobra.

EatonMe

I figured I'd start a quick thread introducing myself before I start posting on the boards. My name is Josh, I'm a full time college freshman at TTC, I also work full time at MIKASA(they produce/distribute china - dinner plates and shit). Blah blah blah...

On to the good shit...

Last Saturday me and my Dad drove down to Tifton, Georgia to pick up a Cobra we bought off of eBay. It's a Silver Metallic 10th Anniversary '03 with 1,144 miles on it at the time(now has 1,600+). No tick - yet. No stall - yet. The previous owner bought it December 18th of '03, had it titled Dec. 20th, and sold it to me 5 weeks later. Has 5% tint, 3 year/36,000 mile warranty still valid, etc. It came with the mods listed in my signature, a set of Billet wheel spacers, a brand new set of never before opened - still in box AFS '03 Cobra wheels in 18x9 and 18x10.5, two huge shop manuals, stock exhaust, stock intake, stock pulley, etc. SVT certificates are on their way in the mail. Paid $28,500 for everything. Seemed pretty damn good to me considering I've seen regular '03's with 15-30k miles going for the same and more.

The guy we got it from is definitely one of the nicest, coolest, car guys I've ever met. He's a member over at modularfords.com if I recall correctly. He has a Lingenfelter TT C5, and a stock ZR1. After the papers were signed, he asked if I was ready for a ride in the TT. Went cruising around until oil temp. was around 125, and on the medium boost setting of 6psi with 101ish octane, it was pushing 640rwhp. Pretty much no traction under 100mph when at WOT. It was the fastest car I've ever ridden in.

f9be3e20.jpg

f9be3d98.jpg

f9be3bfb.jpg

f9be3b7d.jpg

f9be3b05.jpg

f9be3a95.jpg

f9be3a2b.jpg

f9be38ae.jpg

f9be37df.jpg

f9be377f.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture...ok foward to talking with all of you. -Joshua

Last edited by a moderator:

Rwick7

Established Member
Looks like imagestation won't let you link the pics on here. Try using

www.mustangmods.com

Good luck with the car. If you want TT like power with your cobra there are a few ways to get there...but enjoy the stock blower for awhile first :beer:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
have fun with the car, it definately looks nice! and welcome to the board.
i just have to ask, i see in your profile that you are 18. what is your insurance????

EatonMe

Originally posted by 03graygt
have fun with the car, it definately looks nice! and welcome to the board.
i just have to ask, i see in your profile that you are 18. what is your insurance????
Can you see the pictures? I can whenever I reload the page sometimes, but other times I can't. Wtf? I'll look into StlBlack03's suggestiong of mustangmods.com if others are also having issues with the pictures.

Anyways... it's not insured under my name because I definitely could not afford it(I'm guessing it would exceed 6-700 monthly). On my Dad's name it's around $120/month through USAA.

And before anyone asks, yes, I am paying for all of it. Okay, so I didn't pay for the registration, and sales tax, but I do have to make my monthly car payments, and insurance payments, or the car is gone.

EatonMe

I suck at the internet. I'll try to post pictures again later.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Welcome to the board and the 03 family. You made a great purchase with the silver 10th plus the wheels for 28K ! Don't worry about the probs you read about with the 03, I've not had a single prob with my car and it's the funnest car I've ever owned.
If you read this board religiously like many of us you will learn a ton and meet alot of cool guys. Good luck and keep us posted.

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Congrats, you got a sweet deal too.
Welcome to the board, this is where you want to come if you have questions.

FLBuckeye

Established Member
Wow ! Good Deal !
And the ride in the TT ....priceless !
But your ride at 18 yo ??!! WOW !
Just curious why he sold.....AND threw in the wheels ??!!

Vrrooom

MACA Member #156
Established Member
Awesome ride! And awesome deal on it too!

Surprised he threw in those 18" wheels, but I guess if you have enough money for a Lingenfelter Vette you can throw those wheels away, plus that way he can get rid of the hassle of having to get rid of em.

And he probably got rid of the Cobra because he was expecting more and it couldnt compare up to his Vette, who knows.

EatonMe

Originally posted by FLBuckeye

Just curious why he sold.....AND threw in the wheels ??!!

He sold it because of a business oppurtunity he just couldn't resist. I believe he was planning on buying some real estate in the Tifton, GA area. The ZR1 is/was for sale as well. When I last checked eBay it was at around $38k reserve not met.

He told me that he already had plans for a KB, a ton of suspension stuff, and some 295's or larger out back, but decided to take a chance with this business deal instead.

And I just got the certificates in the mail this morning from Mike, the previous owner! My car is #209 of the 2,003 10th Anniversary Cobras. It was built 06/05/03, and is #7488 of a build of 8394.

Once again thanks for the welcome everyone. I look foward to getting to know all of you, and even meeting up with some of the South Carolina '03 owners. Take it easy. -Josh

KDog

Established Member
Originally posted by Joshua
*snip*...
It came with the mods listed in my signature, a set of Billet wheel spacers, a brand new set of never before opened - still in box AFS '03 Cobra wheels in 18x9 and 18x10.5, two huge shop manuals, stock exhaust, stock intake, stock pulley, etc.

Nice car, take care of it!

I'm a little confused though. You said it came with the mods listed, which includes a 2.8 pulley, but then you say it came with stock pulley. Have you put those on already?

Oh..and looking at those mods, that 3/36 warranty is probably gone for the motor. hehe...

EatonMe

Re: Re: First time Mustang owner - '03 Cobra.

Originally posted by KDog
Nice car, take care of it!

I'm a little confused though. You said it came with the mods listed, which includes a 2.8 pulley, but then you say it came with stock pulley. Have you put those on already?

Oh..and looking at those mods, that 3/36 warranty is probably gone for the motor. hehe...

Sorry for the confusion. It came with everything listed in my signature already installed on the car. The stock pulley is in the Metco Idler's box. The pulley cover is in the ported intake box with the old intake, etc. I bought it modded, and received all of the stock parts separately in boxes.

The warrany is still good, but that's only because it hasn't ever been to a dealership to have any work done. Hopefully it won't ever have to, either.:)

KDog

Established Member
Ahh, so ALL of that stock stuff is in boxes. That's great, now you can demod if it does have to go in.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread