First time to the track

ponyboy96

Established Member
That doesn't look like stock times at all. I'm guessing you have more than you know. Have you dyno'd the car? I'm thinking pulley and tune here with some slicks/skinnies. They do make stock look pulleys so you might have that and wouldn't know.

Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Damn, I need a better driver mod then. Best I got on my pulley, tune, tb, ORX, 123mm intake is 7.45 on DRs. using 91 and 91 tune though. Ill have to go back and do it on 100 octane and tune and see what she runs.

outlaw105w

Established Member
That doesn't look like stock times at all. I'm guessing you have more than you know. Have you dyno'd the car? I'm thinking pulley and tune here with some slicks/skinnies. They do make stock look pulleys so you might have that and wouldn't know.

Nope haven't dynoed the car , but I figured my times were slow. I would think with a good driver she should run 7.0 and 10.9x..... On those 1.59 short times there is a ton of wheel speed, I'm not getting enough separation. But what do I know.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
There are blower upgraded cars here that don't run as quick. Hell, Motor Trend tested a Super Snake, and it went 11.7s.

Shows you how important tires and suspension are.

outlaw105w

Established Member
That's super impressive for a stock car. Sounds like you've got that suspension dialed in right.

Thanks everyone. I can tell you that Van Collier's Drag package made the difference. This car will hook in the dirt !!! He is very knowledgeable . I cannot wait to get some more seat time and really work on the HP department.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Hook in the dirt is something I can only dream of! I need to get a set of LCA Relo Brackets, and tires. I get wheel spin deep into 3rd gear, when its cold out, with just a 2.6" pulley and tune! I've been on Revan's site looking at the dead hooker springs.

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Thanks everyone. I can tell you that Van Collier's Drag package made the difference. This car will hook in the dirt !!! He is very knowledgeable . I cannot wait to get some more seat time and really work on the HP department.
Your tires are the key to your setup. I have the exact same tires with J&M lower control arms and Roush Upper control arms. Very modest setup. Hit consistent 1.58 to 1.62 60' times. And I'm not winning any Driver of the Year awards anytime soon, believe me!! Lol.

Last edited:

Joewee500

Established Member

I assume you have Viking shocks. If so, what are your settings for street and track?

outlaw105w

Established Member
I assume you have Viking shocks. If so, what are your settings for street and track?

Yes Viking DA in the rear with dead hookers and strange sa in the front with BMR Drag spring. Front is set loose , I don't have the exact numbers on the rear , but I will let you know this weekend. If its any help the guys at Viking supplied me with the baseline numbers.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
How does the car drive on the street with a more street tire set up? Does it hook? Can you corner in it?

outlaw105w

Established Member
How does the car drive on the street with a more street tire set up? Does it hook? Can you corner in it?

great. the car was stiffer , side to side in the corners which i believe made the rear kick out sometimes a little easier, but im still on those junky F1. As far as acceleration it was much improved.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Would you say it handles corners better/same/worse, than a stock suspension on street tires? I've been looking at finishing off my rear suspension with dead hookers and Vikings, but I like to take turns as well. What your car does in 60' is amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread