First time to track with et streets...

svtguy22

Established Member
Hey guys, this was my first time to the track with these tires. Actually its a parking lot converted into a track, notorious for being slippery. Anyway ehre are some mods and the numbers.

26" et streets

462/452
stock clutch
h&r race springs
mgw
full weight

1/8 mile

1.91 60'

[email protected]

tires @ 15 lbs, I was going to drop the pressure, but I drove the car to the track and switched the tires when I got there, I didnt want to break anything..

what do ya guys think??

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
Those are some nice 60' for the slip and slide. What rpm did you launch at? Nick let me know when your going agian i got some dr's i need to try out.

Last edited:

svtguy22

Established Member
Those are some nice 60' for the slip and slide. What rpm did you launch at? Nick let me know when your going agian i got some dr's i need to try out.

i think i was launching at about 3500-4000 rpm. yeah i will let you know for sure! i always wanted to stomp all over a gt500 over there :burnout:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Hey guys, this was my first time to the track with these tires. Actually its a parking lot converted into a track, notorious for being slippery. Anyway ehre are some mods and the numbers.

26" et streets

462/452
stock clutch
h&r race springs
mgw
full weight

1/8 mile

1.91 60'

[email protected]

tires @ 15 lbs, I was going to drop the pressure, but I drove the car to the track and switched the tires when I got there, I didnt want to break anything..

what do ya guys think??

Sounds pretty good for what you were given. With the power you're making and those tires on a good track that car should be good for mid 7's @ 93-95 mph. Launching at 3500 what did the car tend to go, spin...bog?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Lower the tire pressure next time to maybe 12lbs to start out with. That ought to help quite a bit.

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
i think i was launching at about 3500-4000 rpm. yeah i will let you know for sure! i always wanted to stomp all over a gt500 over there :burnout:

"Ya stomp all over a gt500". With my stock gearing and 300 extra lbs, you definitly have the advantage, but iam willlin to give it a try!:burnout:

svtguy22

Established Member
"Ya stomp all over a gt500". With my stock gearing and 300 extra lbs, you definitly have the advantage, but iam willlin to give it a try!:burnout:

haha im just playin with ya.

tires were at 15lbs and they spun off the line... yeah i think 12 lbs would be a lot better, i think i should heat them a little more also

Users who are viewing this thread