First track run!

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Got 7 runs in about an hour and a half at Sac (all the time I had since I arrived late). Hotlapped all of them. First pass was right off the street after driving ~200 miles to the track. Literally pulled in, went straight to tech, and then straight to the lane and ran. No burnout, LC @4000 RPM, TC on sport mode.

La0mlUKl.jpg

11.7 @ 125 with a horrible 2.17 60'

Unfortunately, that was the only 11 I got. MPH went down from there (eventually dropping to 115 :eek: ), and despite trying a whole bunch of different LC/TC settings, I never got better than a 2.1 60'.

These cars REALLY don't like heat. Gonna have to fix that. Overall though, I was very happy to pull right in to the track and knock out an 11 @ 125. And I had a blast :)

Oh, and I got a vid:

[video=youtube_share;OJe90atQNtI]http://youtu.be/OJe90atQNtI[/video]

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Damn, not only did you stay safe but you did pretty well for stock tires. If I had gone it would have been 13's or an SGM with black stripes in the wall also. I can't seem to find the room to get decent practice.:beer:

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Damn, not only did you stay safe but you did pretty well for stock tires. If I had gone it would have been 13's or an SGM with black stripes in the wall also. I can't seem to find the room to get decent practice.:beer:

Tires aren't stock, they are Toyo R888's with about a month's worth of tread left. Tires were the first thing I swapped out on my '12, I can't imagine this thing on stock tires (I actually had them swap my rims and tires from my '12 to my '14 before I even left the dealership).

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice pass for a basically stock GT500, my best pass when I was stock was 12.4 @ 128

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Tires aren't stock, they are Toyo R888's with about a month's worth of tread left. Tires were the first thing I swapped out on my '12, I can't imagine this thing on stock tires (I actually had them swap my rims and tires from my '12 to my '14 before I even left the dealership).

lol.. I'm a dumbass.. I replied to the wrong thread somehow. Either way, I'd take those numbers for my first track run. Congrats :beer:

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
I also hit the track up this last Friday. 11.7@125. All stock 13 convertible. Even stock tires at 25 psi

Wish I had more than 2 runs in. A crash closed the track for over an hour and ruined practice.

Glad to see these are running consistent.

Last edited:

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Well done Guru and VF John. Hey John have you had a chance to get the Vert. on your Dyno for a base-line run, then with the Res. Delete, and Filter Mods??? Thanx

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Thanks guys. I was simultaneously happy (woot, first 11) and disappointed (dammit, also last 11). I think I'll probably try to swap out the t-stat and wire a toggle to the fans before my next visit.

phil123

Established Member
Got 7 runs in about an hour and a half at Sac (all the time I had since I arrived late). Hotlapped all of them. First pass was right off the street after driving ~200 miles to the track. Literally pulled in, went straight to tech, and then straight to the lane and ran. No burnout, LC @4000 RPM, TC on sport mode.

Unfortunately, that was the only 11 I got. MPH went down from there (eventually dropping to 115 :eek: ), and despite trying a whole bunch of different LC/TC settings, I never got better than a 2.1 60'.

These cars REALLY don't like heat. Gonna have to fix that. Overall though, I was very happy to pull right in to the track and knock out an 11 @ 125. And I had a blast :)

Nice numbers I am envious my best is 12.18 on MPSS in stock sizes using LC 3200 and sport mode. I live in Marin and go to Sonoma raceway, Sac is a little far. There is no hot lapping there and you are lucky to get 4 runs in an hour and a half, just a lot of cars and classes. After one or two runs it seems like it is all over from that point on no matter where I set LC all it does is spin. Not claiming I am best driver I believe my style is pretty consistent from run to run.

Last edited:

NetworkingGuru

Established Member

Nice numbers I am envious my best is 12.18 on MPSS in stock sizes using LC 3200 and sport mode. I live in Marin and go to Sonoma raceway, Sac is a little far. There is no hot lapping there and you are lucky to get 4 runs in an hour and a half, just a lot of cars and classes. After one or two runs it seems like it is all over from that point on no matter where I set LC all it does is spin. Not claiming I am best driver I believe my style is pretty consistent from run to run.

Thanks. I have a love/hate relationship with Sonoma. On the one hand, the facility is beautiful, they have race gas, and they seem to be well organized. On the other, my one experience there was 3 runs in 2 hours, so I doubt I'll be back. Sac has been really lightly populated both times I've been there, so it may be worth the drive. I would come for T&T though, not grudge night. There were about 100 cars that showed up for that. Looked fun, but busy.

My next set of tires will be MPSS, not sure on sizes though (I'm running on 11" rims in the back). I want to compare them to the Toyo's since they run about the same price. Toyos grip pretty decent for a street tire though.

Users who are viewing this thread