Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Yes but the whipple is far from ideal on the Voodoo engine

and with their kit you can ONLY run it on E85, which is a no-go for 95% of my customers interested.

Hellion is the way to go on the 5.2, and the power #s are INCREDIBLE for pump gas hehehehehe

I don't want to take away from Hellions thread because I am very excited to see the results, but I feel I need to clarify some things about the Whipple.

1) Our car made 819 rwhp through the stock exhaust at 11 psi. We did Kooks exhaust and made 849rwhp with no other changes.

2) The Whipple can be run on pump fuel at a lower boost level. We elected to run E85 on our car. Whipple will have a calibration ready later this week that is compatible with 91 octane and their complete 2.9L GT350 kit, dyno numbers should follow soon.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I don't want to take away from Hellions thread because I am very excited to see the results, but I feel I need to clarify some things about the Whipple.

1) Our car made 819 rwhp through the stock exhaust at 11 psi. We did Kooks exhaust and made 849rwhp with no other changes.

2) The Whipple can be run on pump fuel at a lower boost level. We elected to run E85 on our car. Whipple will have a calibration ready later this week that is compatible with 91 octane and their complete 2.9L GT350 kit, dyno numbers should follow soon.

This is why I like lethal performance. They aren't in anyone's face or pushy. They state things clearly and professionally.

And 849whp is awesome for an sc combo on 11psi. Great work guys

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
This is why I like lethal performance. They aren't in anyone's face or pushy. They state things clearly and professionally.

And 849whp is awesome for an sc combo on 11psi. Great work guys

We appreciate the kind words!

Back to the regularly scheduled program... The sound coming the 5.2L with a pair of turbos screaming I'm sure will sound beautiful. I would bet at 6-7 psi and pump fuel it should be near the 700 rwhp range.

Zemedici

Established Member
Im a turbo fan through and through. It's not that supercharger can't make great power, it's just that turbocharged setups can make greater power. This is a known science. The difficulty is in the setup and design. Get that right, and turbo is the more efficient, power dense setup.

still, if I don't see 1 million whp, I won't be impressed (satire)

+65000

ProCharger is making a kit for the GT350 running on 93 Octane.

I was referring to Lethal's Whipple Kit. See below.

Thanks for clarifying, Derek :beer: The whipple calibration not being available for pump gas was what I was referring to, specifically. Just using you guys as an example as you sell the majority of them! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread