Established Member
Premium Member
Not for 2015.

50 Tech cars
50 Track cars
37 R

137 Total 2015 GT350s built.

Tom
That's why agreed with you earlier. Yes a loaded Track pack '17-18 would be a 'better/more desireable' car to use, the '15s have the limited Anniversary appeal. Did they get any 50th Anniversary badging?
-J

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
That's why agreed with you earlier. Yes a loaded Track pack '17-18 would be a 'better/more desireable' car to use, the '15s have the limited Anniversary appeal. Did they get any 50th Anniversary badging?
-J

No. Other than super limited production, there's nothing to differentiate a '15 from a '16. I don't think the low production is going to save the '15 Tech Pack cars from depreciation cancer. It won't be as bad as on the '16s, but it'll still be much worse compared to the Track Pack and R models.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
No. Other than super limited production, there's nothing to differentiate a '15 from a '16. I don't think the low production is going to save the '15 Tech Pack cars from depreciation cancer. It won't be as bad as on the '16s, but it'll still be much worse compared to the Track Pack and R models.

Completely agree.

CO Mack

Established Member
Not sure if the ILE is a wet sump but the excessive cornering can roll all the oil away from the pickup. Main reason I could see an overfill recommendation.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

This is an old trick for use with shitty old oil pans, like in my Fox. I expect better out of a car allegedly ready for the track. Overfilling is not without its risks, MUCH MUCH better to have a properly designed pan.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
You would think there would be a windage tray in the oil pan.

CO Mack

Established Member
You would think there would be a windage tray in the oil pan.

You need a windage tray and baffling in the sump to control oil slosh with g-loads around the pickup. The point of the extra quart is to keep the pickup submerged in corners or on the brakes so it doesn't end up sucking air, but a crank pounding through the extra oil can create problemsas well.

JimT

Established Member
All car oil pans have been designed with windage trays for longer than I've been around. I am sure that since this car runs 10 quarts, it has to be fancy, because allowing the crank to splash through any of it is a power robber. What's important is the amount of oil vs. amount used by the engine when under pressure. I don't expect you're circulating any more than a couple quarts at a time. So 20% used, 80% reserve. No oiling problems here. Just install oil separators if you plan on any hard driving, keeps the oil out of your intake (through EVAP system). Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using svtperformance.com

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
-J

NO special badging.

Unless you are aware of the 137 2015 models, most will no understand why they will carry a premium price.

Tom

Larsonator

Established Member
I was really hoping this thread would convince me to trade a 50k mile 2011 500 for a '17 350. I'm worried the seats are going to suck for someone 6'4.

Hwy. Chile

Established Member
I'm 2 inches shy of 6'4" and don't feel cramped at all in the car. I have Recaros and love them.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
6'1" 235 here and i love the recaros...was scared at first though

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I was really hoping this thread would convince me to trade a 50k mile 2011 500 for a '17 350. I'm worried the seats are going to suck for someone 6'4.

I would go for the non recaro option. Unless you are built like a teenage boy... you wont fit comfortably in them.

Even the recaros on my hundo can be a little uncomfortable.

Larsonator

Established Member
How do you get a '17 without recaro's? They look to be standard equipment if you build one on the ford site.

I've sat in the recaro's in a '15 GT. The side bolstering was digging into my rib cage.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
just think of it as your car giving you a great big ole bro hug each and every time ya drive her :)

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
How do you get a '17 without recaro's? They look to be standard equipment if you build one on the ford site.

I've sat in the recaro's in a '15 GT. The side bolstering was digging into my rib cage.

The recaros on the 350s are narrower than the recaros on the 500s.

350 recaros are for teenage boys or gender fluid men.

Users who are viewing this thread