First Voodoo drive

Larsonator

Established Member
The recaros on the 350s are narrower than the recaros on the 500s.

350 recaros are for teenage boys or gender fluid men.

Are the 500 recaros the same as a GT recaro? Either way, it doesn't sound like it will be comfortable, and I don't see where you can opt out of the recaros in a '17.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Are the 500 recaros the same as a GT recaro? Either way, it doesn't sound like it will be comfortable, and I don't see where you can opt out of the recaros in a '17.

The recaros on my 14' 500 are the same recaros used on 11-14 GTs. Not sure on how the 15+ GT recaros feel. I just know that the recaros on the 350 that I drove felt narrower than my recaros (which can get a bit uncomfortable for me already).

No way I could deal with the recaros on a 350. I would have to get the electronic pack seats or swap out for something else. The seats really poke you in the kidney/back/shoulder area. Not for me.

i LOL'd!!

Non-binary FTW!

;)

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
i was very concerned about the seats and losing heated/cooled options. idk if they broke in or what, but i'm not small and our OBGYN warned my gf to not gain too much weight because of the width of my shoulders...and now i love them. i cringe at the sofa seats when i see them in that car meant to go around corners...wtf keeps you planted??

oldbmwfan

Established Member
Eh. I'm average height and weight (5'10" 180), reasonably fit, broad-shouldered for my height, and I find the Recaros extremely comfortable. The set in my Fiesta ST are actually narrower at the hips/waist, but I fit in those, too.

I think you'd have to be 35"+ at the waist to find the Recaros tight at the bottom, and you'd have to either just be really tall or very long of torso AND broad-shouldered (or fat) to find them painful up top. I have long legs and a short torso for my height, so I don't get pinched. I run a really skinny Cobra racing seat in my race car, and that does cramp my shoulders after a couple hours, but the GT350 Recaros are much wider (in racing seat sizes, it would be an "XL" width).

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Either way, it doesn't sound like it will be comfortable, and I don't see where you can opt out of the recaros in a '17.

You can order a 17 without recaros. I'm not certain of the package it requires. The "regular" seats are very comfortable, full power, heated and I believe also cooled.

Tom

Hwy. Chile

Established Member
I'm 6"2, 220 lbs, 35 inch waist, 44 inch jacket, and the recaros in my '17 350 are comfortable and I like them. If I have too much crap in my pockets I'll want to remove it, on account of the seat's hip bolsters

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CO Mack

Established Member
I had a 16 Tech and now 17 R. I drove both over 1000mi home after purchase.

The Recaros are maybe 20% more supportive (and I mean MAYBE) and 70% less comfortable. I'm 6' and 162-165lb avid road cyclist; so not fat and used to sitting on a 143mm wide seat for 5hrs at a time. The Recaros push my leg sockets into my hips uncomfortably after several hours. Honestly, the best thing about the Recaros AFAIAC is looks. The tech heated/cooled seats are my favorite in any car I've ever had. I have a true race seat in my Fox (this in XL- https://racetech-usa.com/shop/seats/club/RT4009-motorsport-seats) and it's much more comfortable than the Recaros. the only thing keeping me from putting something like this in my R is they suck getting in and out of with a car parked next to you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread