Fixing to put on mmr imrc deletes. Got some questions

jgt58

Established Member
Fixing to delete the imrc with some mmr deletes. Got a tuner and also got the felpro upper gasket for Intake and lower intake to imrc and lower imrc to head gaskets , and also ac Delco oring kits for the Injectors. Anything else I might wanna replace or clean while I'm in there?

1996 mustang cobra... many mods...

Tillerman77

Established Member
I am on the look out for one. I have one like you describe with perfect cables that came out of my car this spring because of codes. The replacement one from a 98 is working perfect so far, but I wouldn't mind getting a spare. Are the cables OK on the one you pulled out?

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
Getting stuck and throwing codes. I have 410s already so I'm not worried about low end loss. I just hope Bama can send me a tune for deleted imrc

1996 mustang cobra... many mods...
Bama can do it. They sent me a revised IMRC delete tune. Got it the next day for my '96.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgt58

Established Member
Cool I have lifetime tunes for my car. Did you notice any difference in the performance without the imrcs?

jgt58

Established Member
I am on the look out for one. I have one like you describe with perfect cables that came out of my car this spring because of codes. The replacement one from a 98 is working perfect so far, but I wouldn't mind getting a spare. Are the cables OK on the one you pulled out?
Ill let you know when I pull it

Tillerman77

Established Member
Let me know about the controller box when you pull it - even if it has cable damage I would be interested in it.

Martin6107

Established Member
Have the injectors cleaned and flow matched while you have them out. As long as you have the fuel system open, you may as well replace the fuel filter too.

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
Do the head cooling mod if you haven't already also

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
It's super simple, just make sure you ice the plug overnight and get it in there asap when you take it off ice.

Route the house back to the radiator and your done.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tillerman77

Established Member
Let me know about the controller box when you pull it - even if it has cable damage I would be interested in it.
From your other new thread, it sounds like you are getting close to digging into your engine. Just a reminder that I am still interested in your old IMRC controller.

jgt58

Established Member
From your other new thread, it sounds like you are getting close to digging into your engine. Just a reminder that I am still interested in your old IMRC controller.
You got it brother. Would have done it sooner but life happens. My 17 yr old got his first v6 mustang and ironing kinks out of it ( new exhaust and replacing fuel pump )

Sent from my LG-H900 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread