Flex a lite fans controller!

BlackL03

Being Blown Feels Gooood!
Established Member
just get a DC Controller and save yourself the hassle...

4Lance

Svt Nut
Established Member
Mine burnt up in this past summer, it would turn the fan on by it's self with no key in the ignition or nothing. I just happened to walk by it when it kickedon the last time, so i popped the hood and it was smoking?? I'm glad i was there when it happened. I have mine board mounted with the sollnoid under the u shaped cover, to keep it away from water. I'm glad my baby didnt burn to the ground :)

I called Flex a lite the next day and they sent me one out overnight, then about 2 weeks later here came another one to my door step?? so now i got a new one and a backup :) been working fine every since?

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Where can you get the DC controller?

How old is your fan? Flex-a-lite should replace it for you depending on age and proof of purchase.

4Lance

Svt Nut
Established Member
I've saw some on ebay for a good price. Type in flex a lite controller or something.

02true blue L

Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
Where can you get the DC controller?

How old is your fan? Flex-a-lite should replace it for you depending on age and proof of purchase.
I believe the fan is about 3 years old,i don't have proof of purchase for the fan kit,since it came with the truck,i am gonna call tomorrow,may be they hook me up since i am local,i just saw their shop is here in Washington or i think so since they have a local number for me.
The controller was glowing red and melting,kinda scary getting back home!:uh oh:

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
www.dccontrol.com I run the FK60 but the FK35 will work fine for the flexalites, i prefer overkill......prepare to wait 3 weeks or so once you order it they build them per order.

TXSVT1

Established Member
I'am wondering I posted a thread about electric fans about a week ago and a fellow Lightning owner said something about the fuse holder burning. I'am wondering does that have to do with this subject as well?????

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
TXSVT1 said:
I'am wondering I posted a thread about electric fans about a week ago and a fellow Lightning owner said something about the fuse holder burning. I'am wondering does that have to do with this subject as well?????

The fuse holder was a recall. Call them, tell them you have a 270 and heard about a recall, and they'll send one right out to you.

Thanks for the link Ian. :rockon:

Andre

Autobahn Dept.
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
The fuse holder was a recall. Call them, tell them you have a 270 and heard about a recall, and they'll send one right out to you.

Thanks for the link Ian. :rockon:

I´ve sent them an eMail 4 weeks ago because of the fuse holder...

NO ANSWER... i am still waitning... Think i have to call them...

Same as Bassani.... talked and emailed them 5 weeks ago.... no answer....

....seems like germany is to far away for them....

Last edited:

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
Hmmm i have a 270 fan, and its not even a year old... saturday night i was out terrorizing the streets and i noticed the truck started to get warm? This was odd since it s was 57 out...

Pulled into dennys, truck was about 200 at this point.. and i noticed the fan isnt on and wont turn on with my manual switch... only way to get it to run is by running the AC... could this be an issue with the controller or the fuse? i was thinking the wiring just got messed up?

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
Pitstain

Question on the DC control.. can i still wire in a manual override?

I want to be able to cool the truck in the staging lanes with the flip of a switch? i will be adding an electric water pump and some HE fans and want them all to be able to be flipped on with a single switch and just stay on high until i flipthem off...

would this work?

02true blue L

Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
I got my replacement from Summit not long ago. I don't remember the part # but I know it was the 90 something dollar one.
I talked to fal and they sent me to an auto parts store,they want 130 for that controller[lame]
was it this one,Bob?
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=FLX-33054&N=700+115&autoview=sku
DSC05298.jpg

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
thats it...

for $104 you can get a DC unit though... i would opt for that... i still havnt figured out whats wrong with mine.. there wasnt any damage that i could tell, timd to find the fuses..

4Lance

Svt Nut
Established Member
That was the same place mine burnt up at . Same damn resitor How long ago is the recall on the fuse holder?? I got my 270 flex a lite fan from jegs last yr for Christmas. mine is always set on the coolest 180 degrees i think it is.

4Lance

Svt Nut
Established Member
02true blue L said:

Great link, i have the new style fuse holder it looks like? I wonder why mine still had a melt down? mine has the nice big green 30amp fuse. I think their controler has something wrong with them. I havent had a problem since they sent me a new computer board this past summer. i dunno?

Users who are viewing this thread