Flex PE-14

hoamskilet

Established Member
I use a dewalt on boats and have a small backing plate on it when I do cars as well so I can just quick grab another machine for small areas instead of swapping plates out on my main machine

oldmodman

Established Member
I use a rotary. As a matter of fact I have both the Makita and the Flex PE-14

Since I got the Flex I almost never get the Makita out anymore. The Flex is lighter and just as controllable as the Makita.

I especially like using the Flex with a six inch Gold pad for jeweling. It does a perfect job using just it's weight to press down on the pad.

I just waited until it was on sale at Autogeek and bought it using a few of my gift certificates that I bought for 25% off. The two sales combined knocked off almost 45%:banana:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I use a rotary. As a matter of fact I have both the Makita and the Flex PE-14

Since I got the Flex I almost never get the Makita out anymore. The Flex is lighter and just as controllable as the Makita.

I especially like using the Flex with a six inch Gold pad for jeweling. It does a perfect job using just it's weight to press down on the pad.

I just waited until it was on sale at Autogeek and bought it using a few of my gift certificates that I bought for 25% off. The two sales combined knocked off almost 45%:banana:

That's the Main reason I got the PE-14, it's light weight. I still haven't gotten it in. As soon as I do I'll post pics of my test panels. Thanks for the feedback!

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Got the buffer last week and used the hood of my detail rig as a "victim" for a few test spots. I used an orange cutting pad and M101 - I was absolutely amazed and impressed with how smooth and lightweight this machine is. VERY easy to use- and it corrected so much faster than any of my DA's to include my 3401. I'm mad at myself for not getting a rotary earlier. This is going to be an awesome addition to the detailing stable and will cut my detailing time by a third at least.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
If anyone is in the market for an as new Rupes LE15 I'm selling mine. It's awesome but I don't need such a nice polisher for as little as I use it nowadays. NM SOLD!

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I really love my PE-14.

IMHO it's the best rotary on the market.

There's nothing that I can't do with the PE-14 and a DA!

I don't have a frame of reference since it's the only rotary I've used but so far I'm very impressed. I've done 5 details now using the Flex twins (PE-14/3401). Best combo for production detailing IMO. If I start doing boats or RV's I'll step up to a Makita or Dewalt for more size and power. FLEX FTW!!

Users who are viewing this thread