Flights from China to US Pre and Post Pandemic

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Wild data visualization. My firm was active in financing jet engines pre COVID and got out of it Feb 2020 on the thesis that China collapse would seriously **** up parts utilization. We dodged a bullet.

upload_2021-8-24_19-18-13.png

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
After covid, who tf would want to go to China? Place is a shithole. I used to date a chinese chick that went there to visit family. She says people drive on the shoulder of the freeway going the opposite direction. LOL

Also, the Chinese gutter oil. F to the naw.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
So Klaus are you saying now would be a good time to pick up some aviation suppliers stock while they are down? Or do you think we are in the beginning of a brave new world?

. She says people drive on the shoulder of the freeway going the opposite direction. LOL

My wife goes there for business, well she used to. She grew up in Philly, has traveled the world including Israel during rocket attacks and she said she has never been as scared as she was on the taxi ride to work in China.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Klaus are you saying now would be a good time to pick up some aviation suppliers stock while they are down? Or do you think we are in the beginning of a brave new world?

I think will take a long time for air miles to recover. It took 10 years for airlines to recover post 9/11 for perspective.

The counter argument is air cargo is crazy strong and we have entered a new normal.

If you can stomach a 10 plus year hold you will probably do well on Boeing, Airbus, GE, and Pratt Whitney.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I lived in China, on-and-off, for nearly 2 years from 2000 to 2002. Flew into Shanghai and worked in small city about 2 hours away called Suzhou. My first memory is of the smell. The constant burning/rotting odor. There was a perpetual haze. The waterways, or canals, looked like thick chocolate milk. There would be one guy shitting in the canal and 20' downstream of him was someone else bathing or catching a fish.

Traffic was a nightmare. We were not allowed to drive. So we had a shuttle everyday. It was pure chaos. Our "handlers" told us if we were in a taxi, and were involved in an accident, to quickly leave the scene. The taxi driver was sure to blame the American. Said American would then spend hours/days in People's Jail #3.

Everything was sketchy. Everything. Lazy fricking factory workers. Something that would take us 2 weeks to commission in the US would take us 2 months in China. Everything was a struggle.

Just in case I wasn't clear, I ****ing hated it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not a pretty picture of China, but one that is easily believed.

VegasMichael

Established Member
I lived in China, on-and-off, for nearly 2 years from 2000 to 2002. Flew into Shanghai and worked in small city about 2 hours away called Suzhou. My first memory is of the smell. The constant burning/rotting odor. There was a perpetual haze. The waterways, or canals, looked like thick chocolate milk. There would be one guy shitting in the canal and 20' downstream of him was someone else bathing or catching a fish.

Traffic was a nightmare. We were not allowed to drive. So we had a shuttle everyday. It was pure chaos. Our "handlers" told us if we were in a taxi, and were involved in an accident, to quickly leave the scene. The taxi driver was sure to blame the American. Said American would then spend hours/days in People's Jail #3.

Everything was sketchy. Everything. Lazy fricking factory workers. Something that would take us 2 weeks to commission in the US would take us 2 months in China. Everything was a struggle.

I was in Hong Kong back when it was still a British Colony and friggin' loved it there. Never ventured outside of there though. I would like to see some of the countryside and Shanghai one day.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was in Hong Kong back when it was still a British Colony and friggin' loved it there. Never ventured outside of there though. I would like to see some of the countryside and Shanghai one day.

We'd spend weekends in Shanghai sometimes. Good times.

Back then the exchange rate was awesome. We could literally live like kings for $100 USD.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
After covid, who tf would want to go to China? Place is a shithole. I used to date a chinese chick that went there to visit family. She says people drive on the shoulder of the freeway going the opposite direction. LOL

Also, the Chinese gutter oil. F to the naw.

Who in the name of god would have wanted to go to china pre covid? When the term garbage dump is mentioned, China and India come to mind.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member

Sounds terrible. This whole thing stinks to high heaven. The people that got us into this mess need a good kick in the nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread