Floor Jack Question

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Pavers are normally placed on base of like 3/4 minus (chat) and then sand.

As stated above the issue is more likely that the floor jack or jack stands could place too much of a point load or over turning moment on the pavers.

Fear not!, you just need to spread the load out, like 5/8" plywood should get you down to a safe psi load. Turn that point load into an area load and no issue.

E

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I bought a mychanic 2ton, it has rubber coated front wheels. It was maybe $150-200,I love it!
IMG_1656.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
That’s kinda cool. I’m not worried about the pressure on the pavers, just possibly chipping them pulling the jack to the vehicle.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
That’s kinda cool. I’m not worried about the pressure on the pavers, just possibly chipping them pulling the jack to the vehicle.

I have bought a rolling chair from them too, really liking their products. They are a new company but I like their products. The rubber wheels were to be easy on painted floors, and they were different and looked great. It wasn’t the greatest picture, but the jack (and stands)is in use while I finish putting on StopTech brakes and modify my head cooling mod on the cobra

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member

So when you use the jack, the wheels of the jack roll to accommodate the change in geometry when the car goes up or down. A smooth surface works best and the wheels could get hung up in the gaps in the pavers (beveled edges) depending on the pavers used. At least for the jack while using it I would place something under it smooth(er) so the jack is allowed to articulate.

The car parked on the pavers is a uniform load, the jack stands and jack are point loads. Two different applications, two sets of concerns.

Also, the pavers are a type of brick. Concentrated force like a steel foot on a jack stand (think a woman's high heel) "could" crack a paver.

I am not trying to beat a dead horse, but I would place something under stands or a jack on pavers.

E

Users who are viewing this thread