Flowmaster 'Hushpower' Axleback with Lethal 3" O/R X-Pipe

kyoshosp2

Established Member
I have Magna flow muff delets and i am doing the X pipe this week ,, then im putting the stock axle back on with the X to see what it sounds like, Will delete the resonators once i put stock mufflers on or maybe even GT500 mufflers..

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
I have Magna flow muff delets and i am doing the X pipe this week ,, then im putting the stock axle back on with the X to see what it sounds like, Will delete the resonators once i put stock mufflers on or maybe even GT500 mufflers..

Yes, I would be interested in hearing what the resonator delete sounds like with the stock axleback and X-pipe.

BTW, did you get your GT500 steering wheel installed? Were you able to get the audio controls to work? I should be installing my GT500 wheel this week.

89LX Coupe

Established Member
Sorry for the wait guys but I'm getting the video finished up now and I'll have it posted in a few minutes!! If your free tomorrow dad we can get a quick video of the car with out the resonators too.

Last edited:

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Sorry for the wait guys but I'm getting the video finished up now and I'll have it posted in a few minutes!! If your free tomorrow dad we can get a quick video of the car with out the resonators too.

Thanks Brandon :beer:

I couldn't stand the way the car sounded without the resonators so I went first thing Saturday morning and got them welded back in, LOL.

89LX Coupe

Established Member
Well damn haha that's cool but here you go!! Oh and sorry for the wait

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv_Lh89lvgw"]YouTube- 2011 Mustang 5 0 Exhaust video[/nomedia]

slyguy

Established Member
Sounds awesome!!!

It's hard to tell how loud it really is though.

How would you compare just the axle-backs loudness-wise to the x pipe and axle-backs?

Say you give the axle-backs a 5 on the loudness scale of 1 to 10, what would you give the x pipe + axle-backs (with the resonators)?

I'm guessing that the axle-backs, x pipe and resonator delete would get a rating of 11 out of 10 for loudness...

I had heard that the x pipe would sound more raspy than the h pipe, and I had pretty much decided against it for that reason, but I don't hear any raspiness at all from your car, so the x pipe is back on the mod list.

You have the LP off-road x pipe and the HushPower axle-back mufflers, right? No other exhoust mods?

Thanks for putting all this info out there!

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Sounds awesome!!!

How would you compare just the axle-backs loudness-wise to the x pipe and axle-backs?

Say you give the axle-backs a 5 on the loudness scale of 1 to 10, what would you give the x pipe + axle-backs (with the resonators)?

I'm guessing that the axle-backs, x pipe and resonator delete would get a rating of 11 out of 10 for loudness...

I had heard that the x pipe would sound more raspy than the h pipe, and I had pretty much decided against it for that reason, but I don't hear any raspiness at all from your car, so the x pipe is back on the mod list.

You have the LP off-road x pipe and the HushPower axle-back mufflers, right? No other exhoust mods?

Sounds awesome!!!

The startup in the video is a 'warm' start. It is louder on a 'cold' start for the first several seconds till the motor idles down to about 800 RPM's. At idle the car isn't loud at all.

Under normal driving the car has a nice tone to it. Under WOT it is pretty loud, but not too bad!

The inside the car part of the video was taken with the radio turned off and the windows rolled up so you can hear how loud it is inside the car.

I actually had the X-pipe first with the stock axlebacks, then installed the 'Hushpower' axleback.

But, based on the video I saw on youtube from LMR of a car with just the 'Hushpower' axleback. If that car is a "5", I would say my car would be about a "7-8".

LOL, I might even give it a 12!

It is not raspy at all and there is no 'drone' at any RPM!

That is correct.

You're welcome :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread